Make InControl2 WebUI usable on cell phone/mobile

InControl2 is a great tool, that I appreciate.

However, it is absolutely not possible to edit InControl2 firewall rules via mobile / cell phone using e.g. iOS 14 Safari browser.
Navigation in InControl2 works great, but the content pages are not caring for the display size of a mobile device / cell phone with limited display size using it and zooming is not possible (webui directly resizes back to oversize). E.g. on a iPhone 8+ the content is mostly only half visible and I need to slide right left to use the web ui as zooming is not possible, unfortunately.
Scrolling is not possible in many cases as it leads to resorting of the firewall rules (unintentionally).
I would really appreciate, if you could please improve this Web UI as I (and surely many other users) often need to use a cell phone/mobile to provide remote support during a business trip.
Thank you! Kind regards.
Screenshot:

Any comment from Peplink regarding this suggestion?
PS: In addition I kindly ask you to increase the sitze of the Popups for Firewall and Outbound Rules to maximum screen size. So it would be much better usable - even on PC.

Hello @ckirch,
There is too much information in InControl2 to scale well for mobile devices.
We use the Peplink InControl2 mobile app (currently only available for Apple iOS).

Take a look and see how you go.
Happy to Help,
Marcus :slight_smile:

Hello Marcus,
thanks for your kind reply.

I know the app and are already using it. Unfortunately, it has too limited functionality, yet.
Thanks for the good hint. I apreciate.

In general, I fully agree, that one can’t use all the tremendous features of InControl2 with a mobile device.
However, if Peplink would just increase the size of the 2 mentioned Popup-Layers (for Firewall and Outbound Rules) and would stopp preventing me from zooming, I could do whatever is needed to troubleshoot from beeing on the road (out of office).The biggest issue is, that the Popup is so small that you need to shift all the time and as you have no scrollbar to move, you always disorder the rules unintentionally. This is no good software ergonomy.

1 Like