LTE-A Cat 6 and Auto Cell Carrier (modem firmware) Switching?

When are these capabilities coming to Peplink?

1.) LTE-A Category 6 LTE

2.) The ability to change Cellular Carriers (Providers) Automatically just by putting in a Sim Card. Or having a different carrier in a 2nd sim slot.

I don’t even know if Peplink has the first method of Cellular Carrier / Provider switching … the method where you have to manually flash a firmware in the web gui? I’ve never had the opportunity to do this with Peplink.

LTE Cat 6 will be supported soon.

We do support to change Cellular Carriers (Providers) automatically just by putting in a Sim card. Anyway, please choose the right model (US or Europe/International or mixture of US and Europe/International) for your Sim card.

1 Like

That’s good on the automatic changing. Do you know when the LTE Cat 6 will be supported?

Probably two months or so, maybe less.

1 Like

Maybe a dumb question, but will that be a hardware refresh or a firmware update? I just bought a MAX BR1 about a week ago and Cat 6 would be nice…

This will involve hardware refresh and firmware upgrade to support LTE Cat 6.

1 Like

Good afternoon. I hate to resurrect an old post, but we are looking at purchasing Peplinks to replace our Cradlepoint MBR1400’s and I came across this post when looking for information on the LTE Cat 6 support. Is it available now? If so, which models? If not, when is it expected to come out? I asked our sales rep, and he had no clue what I was talking about.

The models with CAT6 support should be available in 4-6 weeks. Thanks.

1 Like

But when when when? I’ve seen a brochure with a SKU for Max BR1 Mini with an LTEA product code. I am being told there is a HOLD on them?

We are working on a refreshed line-up with additional LTEA models. There will be one for MAX BR1 (classic form factor) and MAX Transit. For partners or customers who have projects for immediate discussion, please feel free to contact us at [email protected]. Thanks.

2 Likes

That did not answer the question of WHEN?

Currently we are looking at Jan/Q1 timeframe for general availability. We are working with partners for early customer shipments now.

2 Likes

What models have LTE A ? Max HD2 for sure …

You can expect LTEA version for pretty much all major members of the family, covering BR1, Transit, HD2 and HD4.

2 Likes

Hello Team, which of the BR1-MINI’s support the BAND 25 / 26/ 41 for Sprint ?

-Jon Grote

Jon, looks like model “MAX-BR1-MINI-LTEA-W-T” supports: “B1/2100, B2/1900, B3/1800, B4/AWS, B5/850, B7/2600, B8/900GSM , B12/700a, B13/700c, B20/800DD, B25/1900+, B26/850+, B29/700d, B30/2300WCS, B41/TD2500”

1 Like

IF … a Max-BR1-LTEA-W-T such an animal WERE available.

Hi @Keith,

LTE-A models are available now, but almost none of them are CAT. 6.
There hasn’t been much change in the router throughput, for instance MAX-BR1-ENT-LTEA and MAX-HD2-LTEA are still 200 Mbps maximum throughput, which is not CAT. 6.

Will CAT. 6. models be available later, or is there a reason you guys have chosen not to use CAT. 6?

2 Likes

My understanding was LTE-A means carrier aggregation and CAT-6 was the minimum for that? Can anyone clarify which category these modems are?

Peplink definitely seem very conservative in keeping up with modem tech, competing products have had CAT 6 for a year and full gigabit routing throughput while there are CAT 9 hotspots out now.

1 Like

User Cat 6, 3GPP Release 10.

Where is CAT 9 signals? Hotspot is WiFi. I see some Middle East and Oceania supposed deployment dates: