Layer 2 Bridge support for FusionHub

When will this feature be available? few have asked me about this.

3 Likes

Hi, this is on our feature list, we do not have ETA right now.

2 Likes

hi kenny, any news on this feature yet?

1 Like

Hi, still on our feature list, we do not have ETA right now.

1 Like

Hi Kenny, since May last year, do you have updates on this from your end please? thanks

1 Like

Hi, we still do not have ETA on this feature.

1 Like

Hi, Is it possible that L2 will be available in firmware version 7? this has been on the roadmap since early 2015.

Coming version of FusionHub (version 7) will not have Layer 2 SpeedFusion. This feature is on feature request list but we have no ETA for this feature.

1 Like

+1 for FusionHub Layer 2 Support please Kenny :wink:

3 Likes

+1 - we would also highly appreciate L2 support

2 Likes

+1m There have been so many times where I wished I could use L2 PepVPN via a Fusionhub to get me out of a mess with a tricky customer deployment.

3 Likes

+1 from us on this as well. From time to time it would be very useful to be able to quickly build an L2 link between locations.

Cheers
Dana

1 Like

+1 from us too. We currently require it urgently
Thanks a lot
Johannes

2 Likes

Hello @Kenny,
We are a plus one (+1) on this too.
Happy to Help,
Marcus :slight_smile:

4 Likes

+1 from me (again).

4 Likes

+1 here too.

3 Likes

Layer 2 support is include in 8.0.1 beta 2!
You can enable Layer 2 by clicking the “?” icon on the right hand side of “PepVPN Settings”.

Some quick guides:

1. Layer 2 is supported in non-VRF and VRF.
  2. If FusionHub has both LAN and WAN interfaces, LAN interface will be bridged to the non-VRF domain.
  3. If FusionHub has WAN interface only, WAN interface is not bridged.
8 Likes

Kenny,

Can the DHCP of the FusionHub be used in such setup or we need an external DHCP? Is there a how to guide?

The BR1 and its clients would receive a public ip via the Layer2 tunnel from the DHCP server of the FusionHub.

Thanks !

1 Like

FusionHub’s DHCP server is not able to do that right now, we add this to feature request.
To setup external DHCP server:
Setup FusionHub with LAN and WAN interface
Connect the DHCP server to FusionHub’s LAN
Setup Layer 2 profile on non-VRF

4 Likes

Kenny,

If we use VRF and L2 on FusionHub, all traffic goes out on the same LAN mixed.
What is the advantage of using a VRF then? I don’t understand where this can be helpful.

We wanted to use VRF to distribute layer 2 tunnels for one instance of fusionhub to different LAN VLANs but that is not possible. Between having all tunnels terminate in the same VRF or different ones, on the L2 situation I don’t see added value but I’m probably missing something.

Thanks for your support,

1 Like