Is the high CPU usage with PPPOE occuring with all peplink routers?

Hello,

I bought a Balance one core recently.
I configured a Dual wan load balancing setup (2x 100mbits down / 35mbits up) and the CPU was hitting 100% slowing down everything.

I reset the router, configure 1 wan via PPPOE (1x 100/35 mbits), speedtest single thread, and the CPU was at 60%… Without any setup other than the PPPOE.

Of course, I returned the item and got a refund.

I was wondering if PPPOE is just broken accross all the peplink devices ? A quick google search (and on this forum as well), shows a disturbing amount of results (like this one => Balance 305 throughput PPPOE)

So yeah, is PPPOE not an option with peplink at all, or is there a device that is working ? Because other than that, the os was a beauty.

Thank you !

Good day,

Unfortunately, I was never able to get a workable solution from Peplink. The firmware update did not solve my issue. PPPOE is a problem with Peplink products and it seems they are not addressing these issues.

I wish I had a solution for you.

Manuel Deroukakis 613-676-1466 (Cell) 613-632-5886 (Work)

| touch444719
February 22 |

• | - |

Hello,

I bought a Balance one core recently.
I configured a Dual wan load balancing setup (2x 100mbits down / 35mbits up) and the CPU was hitting 100% slowing down everything.

I reset the router, configure 1 wan via PPPOE (1x 100/35 mbits), speedtest single thread, and the CPU was at 60%… Without any setup other than the PPPOE.

Of course, I returned the item and got a refund.

I was wondering if PPPOE is just broken accross all the peplink devices ? A quick google search (and on this forum as well), shows a disturbing amount of results (like this one => Balance 305 throughput PPPOE)

So yeah, is PPPOE not an option with peplink at all, or is there a device that is working ? Because other than that, the os was a beauty.

Thank you !

That’s sad. Thank you for the quick feedback, and I’ll just move on and try something else.

Have a good one !