IPsec VPN disconnects and requires reboot to connect

This is on a Peplink Balance 380 FW: 7.1.1 build 2460

Repeatedly (3 times in a row), when the upstream WAN disconnects (ATT dsl), the IPSec VPN disconnects (event log says so), and then the dashboard shows connecting forever (waited 7 days before rebooting).

Anyone else seen this?
Other posts suggest that reboot is the only way out currently.
Deactivating and re-activating the IPsec VPN profile also fixes the issue.

Please submit ticket for us to take a closer look. Please help to enable Remote Assistance on the Balance 380 too.

Thanks.

1 Like

I just now deactivated/reactivated the IPsec VPN profile and turned off remote assistance.
I did grab a diagnostic logs prior to fixing the issue.

Submitted ticket, and attached dig report.

Please help to turn on the Remote Assistance. We need to access the device to do checking.

Thanks.

1 Like

Nov 09 09:47:52 Admin: Remote web admin initiated from InControl 2 by ...

This log is showing you are accessing the device via InControl2’s Remote Web Admin, not Remote Assistance. Please find the screenshot below to enable Remote Assistance. We still not able to access your device.

Thanks.

1 Like

12 days ago I replied to [Ticket #788838], attaching logs after the repeated failures. But did not get any automated reply saying something like "received your latest update and attachments for the ticket … ".
Is there a another way to upload logs and update a ticket?

@jpa

Sometimes the issue can be cause by spam filter that actually blocked/delay the email. No need to re-upload the logs, we will further check on your ticket and followup with you via the ticket.

1 Like

@jpa, @sitloongs
We’ve encountered the same issue multiple times (Peplink MAX HD2 Mini, firmware 7.1.0 build 3433). Are you aware if this there is a resolution for this issue?

KR,
Bert Verhaeghe

Our solution was to have an outside box do the VPN.
This worked for us because of our corp IT infrastructure needed a firewall/vpn solution anyway.
For a while we just respond to the VPN failure notification and reboot.