General FAQ: FusionHub

This General FAQ primarily gives you basic and introductory information on commonly asked questions about FusionHub, helping you get a glimpse of Peplink’s virtual SpeedFusion appliance, also known as FusionHub.

Q. What is the pricing model for FusionHub?

You can obtain a FusionHub license for a one-time payment, with InControl 2 management and software upgrades provided through an optional software warranty. The pricing is based on throughput and the number of peers supported. Please contact our Certified Partners for full details.

Q. Could FusionHub be installed in any cloud environment, even public clouds?

Yes, you can use FusionHub on Public Clouds, for example, on AWS Marketplace (learn more) and other public clouds like Google Cloud Compute Engine and Microsoft Azure.

Q. FusionHub and the Balance both form SpeedFusion tunnels, then which one do I use?

Use the Balance when you need a physical router, and when you need to bond multiple WAN connections. Use FusionHub when you need to use existing servers, and when you need to connect to private and public clouds. Please click here for more information.

Q. When I try import or run FusionHub on my virtual machine, I get the following error: “This kernel requires an x86-64 CPU, but only detected an i686 CPU. Unable to boot – Please use a kernel appropriate for your CPU”. What should I do?

This problem is resolved by enabling “Intel VT” in your computer BIOS. For systems running AMD processors, the feature is called “AMD-V”. You can configure your BIOS upon starting up your computer, before entering your operating system.

Q. How can I transfer my existing license key from one FusionHub instance to another?

Go to InControl 2, and navigate to Warranty & Licenses, release the key from existing FusionHub, and then import the key into the new FusionHub instance.
Q.Does Layer 2 PepVPN work with a FusionHub terminated VPN?
Yes, FusionHub supports Layer 2 PepVPN as of Firmware version 8.0.

Q. Why is there still a limit on maximum throughput?

There are no longer any software throughput restrictions within FusionHub. But the actual throughput can be physically limited by the hardware and network it is hosted on.

Q. How can I update my FusionHub to remove the throughput limit?

• If your FusionHub is online, no action is required. The system has automatically removed the throughput limits.
  • If your FusionHub is offline, enable FusionHub online to communicate with our public InControl to remove any throughput restrictions.
  • If your FusionHub is managed via Private ICVA, open UDP port 5246 and allow your ICVA to communicate with our public InControl. ICVA and related FusionHub licenses will be updated automatically.

Q. Do PrimeCare devices count towards the peer limit within FusionHub?

No. PrimeCare is designed to scale and does not count toward FusionHub peer limits. You can use as many PrimeCare devices with FusionHub as possible at no extra licensing cost. Learn more about PrimeCare.

[Back to FusionHub Directory](https://forum.peplink.com/t/fusionhub-directory/634d0a50e8ff9a4cb8105f0f/)