FusionHub Solo: A Complimentary FusionHub License for Every Peplink User

SpeedFusion technology needs at least two SpeedFusion devices/peers to work. But what if you only have a single device? Enter the FusionHub Solo! With this license, you can take full advantage of SpeedFusion using just one Peplink device. Best of all, it is free of charge and permanent.

The FushionHub Solo brings SpeedFusion to your mobile or small branch office without the need for additional hardware. Install it in your cloud service of choice, and experience unbreakable connectivity and unparalleled speed with bandwidth bonding!

Use this link to to visit the FusionHub Solo page and download it now!

12 Likes

Awsome!
Thanks guys

Very interesting. Nice idea.
Does the solo support only one peer?

Many thanks
Dana

1 Like

Yes. The idea is to allow customers who owns just a single Peplink router also to have the capability to enjoy SpeedFusion SD-WAN technologies.

2 Likes

This is massive. Great work!

1 Like

Does FusionHub solo any bandwidth limitation?

1 Like

I think this is excellent - well done Peplink!
What’d be a great next step is if everyone with a view can post up to the Forum a “How To install Doc” on their favourite local cloud service.
Also maybe a price guide - so a newbie to the cloud can find an easy to use cloud service with great support at a low price point!

2 Likes

Excellent idea. Can we take this for a spin now or do we have to wait until next week?

1 Like

It supports up to 100Mbps of bandwidth.

It’s available NOW :slight_smile: Just follow the FAQ #4 on the web page to get started.

3 Likes

@Keith, has this been in IC2 for a few weeks?
I used a single licence from my IC2 a few weeks ago which I didn’t know what the licence was!
We are using it for our 3CX (VoIP) breakout so we have a static public IP address through Amazon Web Services

2 Likes

:wink: Yes, some of you may have discovered the Easter egg.

4 Likes

@Keith I thought it was something you had added for the Partners but this is great that everyone has access to it!
Thank You!

2 Likes

Hello,
I just want to check about multiple WAN on fusionhub.
I seem to recall a fusionhub can only handle one WAN. Is this correct? The reason I ask is to host fusionhub in the Cloud I will need one for speedfusion and one routing to external devices.
If I’m only allowed one then I have to place the virtual instance inside my own network and connect via LAN. I have a customer who wants to try fusionhub out as he is moving to azure. Ok the traffic will route to other endpoints in azure and I can setup a secure VPN out of azure to the HQ but it would be nice to just speedfusion to internsl HQ Peplink device. Need for 2nd wan is bandwidth. Customer wants to keep existing 200mb wan to HQ. But grow fusionhub to 1gb wan.
Thank you.
HCG

1 Like

Fusionhub is only single WAN, with the option of a LAN.

You can either put the WAN on a private IP range inside of a 3rd party firewall and then port forward external SPeedFusion VPN peers to it, or you would use the 1GB link directly on the WAN of the Fusionhub, and then forward all remote peer traffic out via the LAN to another L3 router/switch that could hand off to the rest of the existing corporate LAN/WAN.

2 Likes

Your Fusionhub deal sounds good, but I don’t know what it’s for. Your marketing paragraph assumes we know. Perhaps you could add a couple of examples as to how it could be used.

Does it, for instance, act as a “Range extender” for an existing router? That would be useful - my 5 gHz signal fades towards the back of our house.

1 Like

Hello Jaywalker,

FusionHub is the virtual SpeedFusion appliance from Peplink. With FusionHub, you can establish SpeedFusion connections between cloud servers and physical Peplink devices. FusionHub runs on nearly all mainstream virtual machine software including Amazon Web Services, VMware, Citrix XenServer, Oracle VirtualBox, and Microsoft Hyper-V. (Source)

I hope this helps.

Thanks,
Zach

2 Likes

Zach_Tangen, thanks, it did help. I searched SpeedFusion and I found that the base issue is failover and this is Peplink’s approach to resolving it. I think it would be useful to mention the base issue, failover. An IT department will need budget for this and the programs they support might not understand how failover connects to SpeedFusion and the purchase of FusionHub. Here’s where I found it: https://www.evdoinfo.com/content/view/5293/64/

1 Like

Hi Jaywaker,

While it does support failover, one of the major points with Speedfusion is that it allows for link bonding.
This allows devices like the HD4 to bond 4 LTE connections into essentially one big pipe with a single IP.
It also has configurations for a version of forward error correction.

Basically, you can set it up to bond multiple wan connections together, survive failures of any (or multiple) of those links, and transparently handle data loss or corruption over any individual link without incurring a retransmission latency penalty.

2 Likes

JamesPep, thanks, that is interesting. Where can I find out more about what SpeedFusion does? I wasn’t able to find anything like that in the marketing blurbs. Is there a White Paper?

1 Like

You can find the detail on SpeedFusion SD-WAN at https://www.peplink.com/technology/speedfusion/

2 Likes