FusionHub Solo: A Complimentary FusionHub License for Every Peplink User

Thanks, Keith.

What is the system requirements of the FusionHub Solo?

Below are the system requirements of the FusionHub Solo:

Minimum Requirement of VM Host Hardware:
– Intel Core i3 or above

Minimum Requirements of VM instance:
– 512MB Ram
– 2GB HDD

Recommendation AWS EC2 Instance:
– t2.micro

2 Likes

I followed the instructions to setup FusionHub Solo on AWS EC2. I want to use FusionHub Solo with my HD4 to bond 4 LTE connections into one big pipe, but this is where the instructions stop. They show you how to setup FusionHub Solo, but then nothing more.

Can you point me to the next set of directions to get my MAX HD4 and FusionHub Solo actually talking to each other and doing what you describe? Thank you!

1 Like

Hi Dan, is everything fine? I saw this case is closed in another support system. Let us know if you still need further support. Thanks.

2 Likes

I also setup the AWS instance and went through the Pepfusion Setup Wizard but I am not certain how to set it up on the Balance 210.

Can you or someone provide the detail of how to do this?

Thanks

The easiest approach is to use InControl2 to set up the SpeedFusion connection. Create a new point-to-point connection (available at the group level), identifying the AWS instance and the Balance 210 as the endpoints.

Then hit “save” :slight_smile:

Goodness ensues.

2 Likes

Hi and thanks for that.
I do understand I need to connect both ends of the Tunnel as I certain do want that goodness that will flow.:+1:
Please bear with me as I admit I am a rookie with setting up VPN for use.

I am just a bit of loss as to the how to do what you indicate.

The PEP VPN Setup Wizard created a Local ID which I would have thought would have been the end of the setup process however I see no additional configuration
Options in that set of panels.

When I am in InControl at the Pep VPN Speedfusion page, I assume that I hit the New Profile (which is above my Pep VPN Local ID information.

I assume that the Name is simply what I choose to call the VPN profile.

The Remote ID/Preshared Key I am not sure about this? Was this the AWS generated key pair?

Allow Shared in my case likely leave off.

NAT Mode I am not sure about.

Cost I leave as default.

Data Port leave on Auto

Bandwidth limit is unchecked B.C. use I would assume Solo is self limiting.

WAN Smoothing would be trial and error so for now default.

And then Save

So as you can see, VPN Goodness is just out of my grasp!

Thanks!

It seems you may be mixing two different approaches to setting up the PepVPN connection - using IC2 and local/web admin settings.

To keep it the very simplest (then you can tweak to you heart’s content later) let’s use only IC2 for the setup:

• Remove the PepVPN profiles you created locally at the two endpoints.
  • Open IC2, go to the PepVPN/SpeedFusion>Configuration pane.
  • Click “Add Profile”
  • In the Topology pane, choose "Point-To-Point"
  • In the subsequent Peer Devices pane check the boxes flor your two endpoints (in my example, “claremont” and “fusionhub2”)
  • In the Profile Options pane give the profile a name (“TestVPN” for instance). Leave everything else as is.
  • In the Profile Summary pane review the information, smile in approval and click Finish.
  • Now you are back in the main configuration window with a new entry. Click Save Changes, and the new connection should be up in a minute or so.

Cheers,

Z

3 Likes

I totally missed that part of the PepVPN/SpeedFusion Configuration pane!
I really appreciate all your help in getting me on the right path!
I am up and running … basking in the goodness. Super Happy!

THANKS again for all your help!

3 Likes

Like @atomicboy, I missed this last step. When you follow the manual, you will end up at three complex Speedfusion configuration scenarios. The FusionHub Solo scenario is missing. It would be very helpful if the Peplink team would add the FusionHub Solo scenario to the guide, explaining the steps kindly detailed by @zegor_mjol (thanks for that!). It took me quite some time to find, then realise, that these were the instructions I was missing. Thanks!

2 Likes

@Cassy_Mak
Hello. I just received an email saying that my Fusionhub is expiring. It is Fusionhub Solo (hosted at Vultr) and I have a current and long-term Primecare license for my Max Transit Duo.
The license is permanent. What should I do?
Thanks,
Joel

1 Like

What is the expiration date of the fusionhub?

1 Like

The expiration is 6/20/21.

Looks like the notice you received is likely related to your ic2 subscription for fusionhub expiring.
You will need to renew the ic2 license, if you want to continue to manage it via ic2.
After expiration the tunnels from your pricecare device will still work, but the fusion hub will no longer be able to be managed via ic2.
See this post for more details: FusionHub Solo - Does it need IC2 subscription to function? - #2 by TK_Liew

3 Likes

Thanks. IC2 may be good to consolidate a bunch of devices, but not really worth paying for Fusionhub. I’ll just monitor and maintain FH directly. No great loss but jeesh.

My device expiration is “Warranty Expiry Date 2021-07-01 (In warranty)” but I just got an email warning my Fusion Hub Solo is expiring “Subscription Expiry Date 2021-06-09 (Expiring soon)”. How do I fix? And regardless, I thought the Fusion Hub Solo license was “free and permanent” ? So one must pay for IC2 for Fusion Hub Solo? If so, where and what is the cost?

That’s your free first-year IC2 subscription lapsing soon.

The Solo will continue working.

$29 per year: Peplink | Pepwave Online Shop

Cheers,

Z

2 Likes

It is but the ability to manage it via InControl2 requires a subscription.

1 Like