Firmware Updates for Different HW Revisions on Balance 20

Hello. I have 12 Peplink Balance 20 routers spread across the state and each of them with varying firmware builds and hardware revisions. I read it is important to update your router to the latest firmware whenever possible. I’ve also read some Hardware Revisions can only support up to a certain firmware update and any newer updates can cause issues.
Does it matter that I have different devices on firmware builds anywhere from 7.1.1 to 8.1.3?
Should I get all of them on the same firmware?
Here is a sample of our firmware group policy.
Is there anything in particular I need to watch out for? What would you do if you were in my shoes?

I would keep all to the latest version that each hardware version supports. I would schedule to upgrade one at a time, off hours.

Hello @timopp
Welcome back, Jarad, to the Peplink Community Forum.

As you use InControl2 to manage your devices, we recommend putting them all on the latest version of firmware; you can find the latest version by simply seeing what is offered in the drop downs. Note: for the firmware to be pushed out, you must have a current Peplink subscription for each device.

If you are using SpeedFusion on devices that can handle 8.4.1, we recommend using the special release patch mentioned here.

Out of interest, what part of the world are you in? Your local Peplink Partner, through whom you purchased your solutions, can help you.

Happy to Help,
Marcus :slight_smile:

Thank you MichaelG. I was leaning towards this out of caution and am glad to read your response. I don’t know what firmware each hardware version supports. Any idea where to find that?

Thank you mldowling. We are located in the USA. I’ll drop a line to our reseller and see what they recommend. Thanks.

Thanks MichaelG. When I read “Balance 20 HW7-8 FW 8.3.0 and HW1-6 FW 8.1.3”, does that mean my Balance 20s with HW 3, 4 and 6 can only handle FW up to 8.1.3?