Firmware 8.3.0 RC 6

We would like to announce that Firmware 8.3.0 RC 6 is now available.

Supported models:
X Series, Balance, MAX, MediaFast, FusionHub, UBR, SpeedFusion Engine, Surf SOHO

Download Release Notes

Download the Firmware

Download the SNMP MIB for Firmware 8.3.0

6 Likes

@Lai Hello Lai - in a previous thread there was discussion regarding Docker implementation on the MAX BR1 Pro. I can see it on the BR2 Pro through the 8.3.0 RCx varients, yet not on the BR1 Pro.

Previous discussion thread: Peplink | Pepwave - Forum

Can you provide any updates on this Docker feature for the MAX BR1 Pro?

TIA

2 Likes

For my MAX Transit Pro E (which is synergized behind my MAX BR2 Pro) I am getting “File size exceed allowed limit.” when trying to update F/W manually and it does nothing when I command it to upgrade from InControl (which is what I tried first). I am trying to upgrade from RC5-build 5507 to RC6-build 5514.

My BR2 Pro upgraded just fine from InControl.

Edit: I went ahead and opened a ticket for this new issue.

1 Like

Got this error message on SDX HW2:

1 Like

Thank you to the Peplink team for the fast resolution of Incontrol and Remote access questions that were raised a week or so ago.

2 Likes

Absolutely want to see Max Br1 Pro 5G get the ability to run a small container or two

With one example that would address a different request - Tailscale.

With Docker functionality on the BR1, Tailscale could be set up in a local container, as an alternate solution to the native, built-in VPN options (per a previous Feature Request).

1 Like

@Odd-Reidar_Fuglestad, this is a firmware pairing issue between 8.3.0 and the OLED component. Please open ticket for us to check.

Thanks.

1 Like

The current versions of the BR1 Pro 5G/CAT20 have no internal storage to be able to run Docker. Only ones that are confirmed to have the hardware needed to run Docker, some SKU’s are not yet available:

Docker :

• MAX BR1 Pro Dual HW1
  • MAX BR2 Pro HW4
  • MAX Transit Pro series
  • MAX HD1 HW4
  • MAX HD2 HW7
  • B20X Pro

Docker and KVM:

• MFA500
  • MFA750
  • Balance 2500 EC (upcoming)
  • MAX HD2 MBX with MediaFast
  • MAX HD4 MBX with MediaFast
  • PDX HW3
  • PDX Dual HW2
  • PDX EC
  • PDX EC Dual
  • SDX Pro
2 Likes

Whats the B20x Pro?

Hello @padaco-daniel Thanks for what appears to be a confirmation on Docker limitations for the BT1 Pro 5G.

However, It appears that the naming convention listed above adds a bit of confusion - in particular: The MAX BR1 Pro Dual HW1. The current MAX BR1 Pro [5G] is a “Dual” (SIM), “HW1” model; thus the inquiry about Docker on that model.

Model
Pepwave MAX BR1 Pro 5G
Product Code
MAX-BR1-PRO-5GH-T-PRM
Hardware Revision

1 Like

A new SKU, I found this list on the Peplink forum.

The B20X Pro is mentioned in several topics though and I expect it to be a higher/newer SoC to have a good option between the B20X and B380X as there is a big gap now in the Balance series with module support.

A new SKU, I found this list on the Peplink forum.

Peplink naming scheme is sometimes hard to decipher, so I think the Dual in that name is going to be something else, as all Peplinks from the newer generations have Dual SIM per modem, so it’s not something you’d put in the name.

Maybe it’s going to be a mix between BR1 Pro 5G and BR2 Pro 5G, but only Peplink can answer that.

1 Like

what thread was that in?

I get remote SIM not compatible with firmware error
Transit Pro USA model

1 Like

Peplink | Pepwave - Forum

Have a Balance Two with the Pepwave MAX Adapter 5G 5GH-T. Have experimented with the last three 8.3.0 builds; using an AT&T 5G and also a Firstnet LTE sim card(s). In the builds I do see the sim card information ICCID etc however am not getting any cell data connection. Using the stand-alone Peplink Communication Manager, the two sim cards do connect with my AT&T Tower three miles away in a rural line-of-sight; show a handshake. Tried both auto APN and custom APN ont the 8.3 releases with no Balance Two sim-based connection. When I revert to the prior release 8.2.1 the sim cards do connect and work. I do a solo card load on the dual sim carrier.

I am getting a weird status type that I’ve never seen before. I’m not sure that this is 8.3.0 specific, but I’ll start here and can start a new thread if necessary.

I have an HD1 Dome Pro 5G connected to a MBX Mini 5G as a synergized device. This evening, I am getting a “Scheduled Down” state for the cellular connection on the dome. Screen shot below:

Has anyone ever seen this state?

1 Like

Perhaps a scheduled is set as shown in the following link: Peplink | Pepwave - Forum

1 Like

Interesting feature, I hadn’t seen that one. I have zero schedules defined, so this seems like it could be a bug to me.

It seems to have resolved itself after 6 hours or so, but…

1 Like