Firmware 8.3.0 RC 6

Is 8.3 now officially released and not in beta?
I received an 8.3 release e-mail today but download link points to this thread and still isn’t listed in the support page firmware downloads. Thanks

I’m getting “(id:3) unsupported value: cellular sim mobiletype” trying to use the AT&T cellular type after upgrading to 8.3. AT&T will not connect under this firmware, but once I downgrade the firmware, it works just fine. Anyone have any ideas?

Max Transit Duo

I was getting this on my synergized Transit Duo Pro as well, for all the connections. Also, one of the cellular modems was constantly resetting. The other did it a few times then stabilized. I ended up rolling back to whatever I was on before… I think it was RC3 or 4 because I didn’t have time to keep messing with it.

I found in the logs that a schedule WAS applied, but not by me. So it appears that there is a bug or issue where a schedule was randomly applied. I never saw the schedule, and it isn’t in the UI anymore, but I see it being applied and removed in the logs… and RA is not on.

Are you using a SIM injector? I had all of my synergized connections going up and down due to a bug that Peplink identified and are working on with the injector. Hoping to see a new version this week that helps.

1 Like

@foretm I’ve seen that message when I try to set my 3G/LTE value to LTE Only. I have to leave it at Auto. Seems to be a UI bug related to the sunset of 3G.

1 Like

Very interesting. I don’t have a SIM Injector, just two Transit Duo Pro’s. One as the synergy controller and one as a synergy device. What’s interesting, is the scheduled down message was showing up on the controller, and not within the UI of the synergized device, it was either fine (in the case of the wired WAN connection or constantly resetting as was the case on one of the cellular modems).

1 Like

Hello @Lai,
Please see Peplink Ticket #23020836 for an issue seen in RC6 (not seen with the previous releases, though was not looking for this either) We have captured logs and screenshots to the ticket.
The issue is the Outbound Active Session do not align with the numbers shown

Happy to Help,
Marcus :slight_smile:

@C_Metz on 8.3, I no longer have that option to choose 3g/LTE, that field is missing completely now, so if its somehow set to 3g, then I can’t see where I can change it. Thoughts?

1 Like

@foretm Well we tried :slight_smile: . This is a Max Transit Cat 18 on 8.3 RC6 and it still has the setting, so the Duo must be slightly different.

1 Like

When the Outbound Session goes through SpeedFusion VPN it does count in the Service section but not in the Interface section, as the SpeedFusion tunnel is not an interface. This is something that’s been there since we’ve used Peplink from what I know, so several years. If you go to Search you can check if sessions are going through VPN.

The options for 3g/LTE are no longer showing up. I have downgraded back to 8.2.1, but its still not showing up. Additionally, I also now have a VLAN WAN 1 that somehow got created as part of the firmware upgrade.

1 Like

Thanks for reporting. We are investigating it now. We shall provide an update as soon as possible!

1 Like

what was the resolution needed for this oled incompatibility?

1 Like

No idea, just noticed the error message after installing the firmware.

I do not see any beta firmware available for download page

That’s because 8.3 has been officially released.

1 Like

I have just realised I can’t see DSL statistics in firmware 8.3.0 anymore- in 8.2.1 they showed up on the dashboard of the VDSL flexmodule WAN on the Balance 20x, but they no longer do in 8.3.0. They are still showing in Incontrol.