Firmware 8.3.0 RC 5

We would like to announce that Firmware 8.3.0 RC 5 is now available.

Supported models:

X Series, Balance, MAX, MediaFast, FusionHub, UBR, SpeedFusion Engine, Surf SOHO

Download Release Notes

Download the Firmware

Download the SNMP MIB for Firmware 8.3.0

5 Likes

Can’t seem to install this version on Balance 20X (HW1 and HW2), I’ve tried pushing it through inControl, device reboots but doesn’t install the update. Also tried manually afterwards, it stays on 8.3.0 build 5305. This happens on multiple Balance 20X.

Under reboot it shows:
Firmware 1: 8.3.0 build 5305 (Running)
Firmware 2: 8.2.1 build 5191

Balance 310-5G (HW2) upgraded fine to 8.3.0 build 5574 with inControl2 FW push.
FusionHub (Solo) with 8.3.0 build 5139 also upgraded fine with inControl2 FW push.

1 Like

I couldn’t get the fusion firmware to deploy, had to do it from the remote admin session instead, the Pepwave device did it right away though

1 Like

Daniel: One minor data point: We installed 8.3.0 RC5/5311 on B20X HW1 without issue. Did it via GUI – not IC2.

1 Like

Thank you for fixing the DHCP options issue so quickly! I will give it a try and report back if I run into issues.

Couple of questions though:

1. Will youtube blocking be fixed before final release? It works in 8.2 so not sure how it broke in all 8.3 RCs.
  2. Can you please explain how this new QoS feature works:
    [Beta 1] [QoS] Added: Application Queue - Bandwidth Control for Application

Thanks!

2 Likes

Have a good day guys,

Balance 20X HW2 upgrade FAILED. transferred firmware file via WiFi and GUI.
device suddenly rebooted on Validating firmware step.
Ticket ID (23010504)

Thanks

1 Like

It worked. :slight_smile: DHCP options and LAN settings editing issues are fixed in RC5.

Thank you!

3 Likes

Hello @Lai,
Please see ticket #23020188, “Firmware 8.3.0 RC5 issue on HD4 MBX 5G”.

We experienced a chronic failure with cellular connectivity and instability on a Pepwave MAX HD4 MBX 5G after upgrading from 8.2.1GA to 8.3.0RC5. We have reverted to firmware 8.2.1GA on the device, restoring connectivity and stability.

Affected by the instability was SpeedFusion & InControl2 remote access. The main reason for the upgrade was to test if the GPS issues had been fixed (from ticket 22100934).

The new ticket includes a copy of the diagnostic file and some screenshots.
Happy to Help,
Marcus :slight_smile:

1 Like

Upgraded from 8.3.0 RC 4 on a BR1 Pro Max 5g. RC 4 worked flawlessly for me. Upgrading to RC 5 caused issues with my OPENVPN outbound connection, and broke my outbound policy to the OPENVPN connection. Having to revert back to RC 4.
Update. Switching back to RC 4 resolved the issue and the router works as it did prior to the RC 5 upgrade.

1 Like

We replied to you in the ticket. Please help to follow up there. Thanks.

1 Like

Can you help to open a ticket for us to check? Please attention to me. Thanks.

1 Like

We will check. Thanks for letting us know!

1 Like

It seems the upgrade worked fine on B20X going from 8.2.1 to 8.3.0 build 5311. Manual from local interface and pushed from inControl, both worked as expected.

Will try again on the failed units with manual install first.

1 Like

I would also appreciate some info on Application Queue - Bandwidth Control for Application

1 Like

Not sure if it’s just me, but after RC5 my Sim Injector Mini (running latest f/w 1.1.115) has stopped checking into InControl. No matter how many times I reboot it won’t check in and remains “offline”.

1 Like

There were some issues with inControl2 yesterday and in the weekend, have you tried rebooting your SIM Injectors? We are using more than 10 remote SIM Injector (mini and original) and had issues yesterday as well, this morning I’ve rebooted them all, and all are back online. They are also reporting SIM status now in inControl.

1 Like

First downgrading to 8.2.1 and then upgrading to 8.3.0 build 5311 seems to have fixed the not installing on all our B20X units. So the issue only persisted when upgrading from RC4 to RC5.

1 Like

I just tried rebooting my SIM Injector and it’s still not showing as online in InControl.

1 Like

Hello,

Having issue after upgrading a HD2 IP67 to version 8.3.0 build 5507.

I have forced the cellular 2 to connect only on LTE network it was working fine in 8.2.1 but with 8.3.0 build 5507 some times the cellular switch from LTE to 3G network as show in the picture below

Had to reset the module to force the cellular to back in LTE.

Simcard a insert in a SIM Injector.

1 Like

I have found out through ticket contact. That the 8.3.0 firmware currently doesn’t support Band Selection when used with FusionSIM/RemoteSIM. In 8.2.1 the FusionSIM/RemoteSIM took the settings of SIM A, but in 8.3.0 it is ignored.

So have needed to revert all our units that are depending on FusionSIM in our case.

4 Likes