Firmware 8.3.0 RC 5

Since testing the beta, SFC Protect Route by Wi-Fi SSID does not seem to work. I can configure it, but the SSID does not show up anywhere. It worked prior to the first beta.

1 Like

@Jim_Paolicelli ,

Can you please open a ticket here for support team to take a look ?

1 Like

@sitloongs, @Lai

Noticed this issue with RC2, still happening with RC5.

I have multiple TST DUO Pro devices showing up with no cellular 1 module firmware update at all under the “support.cgi” page.
- I can update the second module., but it always fails. Somehow the firmware module has firmware higher than Peplink’s current update.

What is the current cellular module firmware?

I had upgraded/downgraded firmware version, just to try and get the first module to populate on this page, but no luck.

However, module 1 is connected on all of these devices.

How do I fix this issue?

1 Like

@Cable17 ,

Can you please confirm the RC2 issue ?

I suppose you have the device SKU that Cell1 & Cell2 is using different Cell module. If you can not see the Cellular module under the “Cellular module firmware update” that mean the Cell module still yet to support upgrade via the support.cgi and module firmware upgrade is not necessary.

In normal conditions if you found the the current firmware version number is newer than the latest version as displayed, you can keep the current firmware and nothing need to be done for the cell module. I will discuss with Engineering team again on how to improve the confusion for the “Cellular module firmware update” display ^^

2 Likes

I’m having a lot of reliability issues with a SIM injector constantly causing both an MBX Mini 5G and an HD1 Dome Pro to lose their cellular connections and reconnect. It’s happened every 5-10 minutes for hours today. This is the first time I’ve tested this configuration on RC5. My setup is:

MBX Mini 5G with SIM injector connected to LAN port and Remote SIM feature enabled in support.cgi
HD1 Dome Pro 5G connected to WAN1 and setup as a Synergized device

Both the cellular modems on the MBX Mini and the cellular modem on the HD1 Dome Pro are losing their connection and re-connecting all at the same time. All are using the same SIM injector.

This setup, minus the Synergy setup, worked fine with the MBX Mini and HD1 Dome with 8.2.x.

SIM injector is running 1.1.115

1 Like

Opened ticket 23020522

1 Like