Firmware 8.3.0 RC 4

We would like to announce that Firmware 8.3.0 RC 4 is now available.

Supported models:

X Series, Balance, MAX, MediaFast, FusionHub, UBR, SpeedFusion Engine, Surf SOHO

Download Release Notes

Download the Firmware

Download the SNMP MIB for Firmware 8.3.0

3 Likes

I may be wrong about this, but it looks like the RC4 download link is pointing to RC3.

1 Like

Forgot to say that this is for SOHO MK3.

1 Like

The page has been updated. Would you please try again? Thanks.

1 Like

Looking at models that will no longer get firmware updates concerns me some. I have a BPL-310X-GLTE-G Hardware revision 3.

Will this unit continue to get firmware upgrades? Thanks.

1 Like

Lai,
I get build5117 for both RC3 and RC4 even after your update. What is the build number for RC4? Thanks.

1 Like

I believe you are referring to the firmware "
fw-max_br1mk2_hotspot_sohomk3-8.3.0-build5117.bin
", and this is RC 4.

1 Like

Thanks.

1 Like

Balance 20X NOT upgraded !
although downloaded file is showing build 5305 but after upgrading device still shows build 5300

Thanks

1 Like

Interesting. That’s not what we see. Here’s what we have available on a 20X we just upgraded: RC3 (build 5300) and RC4 (build 5305.)

1 Like

My Device stuck in Validating Firmware phase and then reboots !

1 Like

My Device stuck in Validating Firmware phase and then reboots !

1 Like

Sometimes it is helpful to talk to the router gently and in soft, soothing tones. I’m wondering if you tried that? It’s possible you may have done something to offend it.) ;<)

1 Like

@Hootan, did you see 8.3.0 build 5305 like Rick is showing here - Peplink | Pepwave - Forum? If not, please open ticket for us to check.

Thanks.

1 Like

I did a full body massage to the router but not worked on her :smiley:

2 Likes

Done. Ticket ID : 23010504

1 Like

Well, then you have done all one can do. ;<)
Glad you opened a ticket!
Please let us hear of the result!

1 Like

A customer on whose router we installed RC4 at their request has observed that a difference between 8.2.1GA and 8.3.0RC4 is that wi-fi clients that once connected via 802.11AX now only connect using 802.11AC. Even newer, rather capable clients such as Apple iPhones and iPads no longer are connected via AX.

Multiple Peplink AX APs are in use at this location.

We just checked and confirmed this observation. Anyone else see this?

1 Like

I had a similar problem on my B20X throughout the 8.3.0 process… each 8.3.0 update would not work (immediate reboot after upload)

You can either roll back to 8.2.1 each time…

ticket 22120097 is open for this.

I finally installed 8.2.1 twice and then upgraded the other slot to 8.3.0RC3 and finally 8.3.0RC4 would update from RC3. We will see on the next upgrade if that has permanently broken the cycle of issues or it is related to the firmware position#.

1 Like

The 310 is an older model, different to your 310X. The 310X is a current model that is absolutely still getting updates.

2 Likes