Firmware 8.3.0 RC 1

We would like to announce that Firmware 8.3.0 RC 1 is now available.

Supported models:
X Series, Balance, MAX, MediaFast, FusionHub, UBR, SpeedFusion Engine, Surf SOHO

Download Release Notes

Download the Firmware

Download the SNMP MIB for Firmware 8.3.0

4 Likes

Health checks for the Cellular2 connection (Flex mini 5g) are failing, http. ping, smartcheck.

When I disable the health check the interface passes speedfusion traffic fine.

It worked in B1. I wasn’t able to load B2 or Rc1 until I rolled back to 8.2.1. So I don’t have a B2 test.

1 Like

Peplink MAX BR2 Pro: None of the issues from Beta 1 or Beta 2 are fixed. I do have an open case. Here is the list of issues I’m experiencing (for reference):

1. No signal strength displayed for 5G connections to T-Mobile (I have 2 plans that are both 5G capable) - problem persists from f/w 8.2.1.
  2. Signal strength sometimes displayed for 4G connections to AT&T & T-Mobile (I don’t have any 5G capable AT&T plan) - problem persists from f/w 8.2.1.
  3. Editing AP profile - unlimited becomes 0 for signal strength threshold and max clients and doesn’t allow saving. You have to blank out those 4 fields to save.
  4. Editing secondary AP profile - whatever name you have is changed to “Default” and doesn’t allow saving until you change it back manually.
  5. External AP Managed by BR2 Pro - Shows offline in InControl2. (AP One AX).
  6. Network Port Config - Trunk ports only allow all vlan’s - problem persists from f/w 8.2.1

NONE of these are a problem with my MAX Transit Duo Pro E - they seem to be isolated to the MAX BR2 Pro.

1 Like

I ran a PCAP on the Cellular2 interface after enabling the ping health check. There were 0 (zero) packets in the capture.

1 Like

B20X HW1 with CAT 4 modem: No indication of band in use is seen (as was the case with 8.2.1.)

1 Like

BR-1 AP menu → Setting blank page. Please fix.

1 Like

No issues installing on Balance One Core nor on Balance 310X – kudos lads.

I have searched but am unable to find anything regarding the “Synergy Controller” – what is that about?

1 Like

Have a couple similar issues to @mbmike29. This is on a 310X.

1. [quote=“mbmike29, post:3, topic:42367”]
    External AP Managed by BR2 Pro - Shows offline in InControl2. (AP One AX).
    [/quote]
    All external AP’s stop reporting status to IC2 - this affects both the AP One AX and the AP One Mini. However, the Max Adapter does start reporting to IC2, so there is a tradeoff.

2. [quote=“mbmike29, post:3, topic:42367”]
    Editing AP profile - unlimited becomes 0 for signal strength threshold and max clients and doesn’t allow saving. You have to blank out those 4 fields to save.
    [/quote] This is still occurring with the profiles.
    signal2.jpg
    signal1.jpg

3. Anytime I try and save the page on Network->Lan->Network Settings, I receive a DNS add error.
    dnsissue.jpg

One request to be made would be to add which AP the WIFI clients are connected to on the “client status” list. Maybe just by hovering over the blue WIFI antenna on the left hand side or adding a new column.
AP.jpg

1 Like

@Paul_Mossip ,

Found your ticket and support team will follow-up with you for the issue. Ticket reference: 22120097

1 Like

@mbmike29 , We will further check on these and get back to you.

@Cable17 ,

Would it be possible for you to open a ticket to allow support team to check on the issues ?

1 Like

@jmjones

We are preparing the user guide on how the Synergy mode will work. We will published it when it’s ready. Please stay tuned.

3 Likes

The display bugs I’m experiencing while editing my AP Profile Settings on my MAX BR2 Pro are being caused by a browser add-on. Updating the settings with no browser add-ons enabled works fine. It’s only happening on my MAX BR2 Pro and not my MAX Transit Duo Pro E and that’s why I thought it was a bug.

1 Like

@Cable17 The issues editing AP profile are because of the Lastpass addon. If you disable that it works correctly.

2 Likes

@mbmike29 and @Cable17: Agreed – and good observation. LastPass recently revised their add-on/Extension and it is a mess. The damage/issues it has caused is not limited to Peplink devices. Some of the issues can be mitigated by adjusting the settings.

2 Likes

@Rick-DC and @mbmike29, thanks for pointing that out. It does fix my issue #2.

However, issues 1 and 3 still remain. at that moment if I do switch back to RC1. I have not had a chance to swap out the 310X for another device and factory reboot it to see if these issues carry over.

@mbmike29 - are your devices still reporting as offline in IC2 when on this FW?

2 Likes

@Cable17 Yes, and via my open ticket on my remaining issues it has been accepted as a new bug.

3 Likes

Hello @Lai & Peplink team,
PLEASE remove the Content Filtering option in the next Beta & future release unless Peplink is going to start actively supporting the updates to this again with an improved frequency and means of reporting/fixing false positives.

Happy to Help,
Marcus :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Right, Marcus.
we are facing traffic slowdown having it activated and user complaints on slow web browsing especially since iOS 16 on Apple mobile devices and iPads

1 Like

I might mention that 8.3.0RC1 appears to resolve one issue not reported in the Release Notes. We had a problem upgrading the modem FW on a MAX Transit CAT18, MAX-TST-GLTE-G-T-PRM. WIth FW 8.2.1 the result was repeatedly “failed.” Once the router was updated to 8.3.0RC1 the procedure succeeded.

This is an issue similar to that which is reported in Reference 29206 in the Release Notes but with a very different device (CAT18 LTEA vs LTE.) Nice work, Peplink! :<)

3 Likes