Firmware 8.3.0 RC 1

Is Dynamic Weighted Bonding suppose to be available to all models on 8.3?
I’m testing a br1 mini Hw2 and I went to support.cgi to activate it , but I don’t see a traffic distibution option?

1 Like

Enjoying the new virtual vlan WAN interface and it’s working great. Please consider adding it as a target to the “Least Used” outbound policy algorithm. Thank you!

1 Like

@ckirch @mldowling ,

We will have the content DB update for the devices targeted in 1 to 2 weeks times. Thank you for raising the concerns.

2 Likes

The MAX BR1 Mini (HW1-3) supports SpeedFusion Hot Failover and WAN Smoothing upon feature activation, while Bonding (and DWB) is part of the features available on the higher-end models, eg. MAX BR1 Pro-5G.

You may check out the MAX BR1 Mini specifications here or from the datasheet.

1 Like

I Totally Agree.

1 Like

Seems like there is a mistake on the product support list as our Balance 210 HW4 not listed !

Thanks

1 Like

If on speedfusion the traffic distibution is always bonding, why can’t we get DWB added to all devices that only support wan smoothing(bonding with more then one wan same priority level)

I thought DWB was suppose to be better and replace the standard bonding method, especially on cellular links.

Also on a 20x with 8.3.0b2 under traffic distribution it repeats the help items over and over again.

1 Like

@Jonathan_Pitts , Sorry for this. Let us fix this ASAP.

For the suggested PepVPN “traffic distribution” for the WAN Smoothing supported only device , Engineering team will review and check whether it will benefit for that.

1 Like

Thanks,

Also fix the misspelling on this screen.

1 Like

Noted and will check this as well.

1 Like

I updated a balance 20x (HW 3) to this release (build 5289) and it no longer included the VDSL WAN in the list of WAN connections, with no obvious way to add it back in.

It was still detecting the VDSL module, and its serial number showed up but it was not in the list of WAN links.

1 Like

@bryn.loftus ,

Can you please open a ticket to allow support team to check ?

1 Like

Hi All!

It would be possible to have more informations about how to use Application Queues in QoS settings?
I cannot found where to assign a queue to an application.

Many thanks

1 Like

I had to roll back the previous one, as I needed the VDSL to work on that one. I just tested this on a new one, and updated it to 8.3.0 build 5293 and VDSL is working correctly.