Firmware 8.3.0 Beta 1

We would like to announce that Firmware 8.3.0 Beta 1 is now available.

Supported models:
X Series, Balance, MAX, MediaFast, FusionHub, UBR, SpeedFusion Engine, Surf SOHO

Download Release Notes

Download the Firmware

9 Likes

Smooth sailing so far. XFINITY WiFi-WAN had been very slow to connect or sometimes not at all with BR1 Pro 5 and BR2 Pro. With this firmware it connected immediately. Very pleased. :slight_smile:

Is there a manual or guide for Synergy mode?

3 Likes

This is an EPIC release Peplink team! Crazy amounts of exciting new features!
Bravo!

7 Likes

Great work!

Any chance to see docker for 20x in an updated beta?

4 Likes

No issues here on a Balance One Core and a Balance 310X. All configs carried over correctly and all systems GO!

Kudos to the development group – this UI seems much snappier.

I can’t wait to play with some of the new features. I am pretty stoked to see what the UDP forwarder and multicast forwarders have to offer – it might be time to actually put wireless devices on their own vLan… I have been delaying it because a bunch of the “plug 'n play” methods (SSDP, etc) simply couldn’t traverse to a new network - either because of a TTL of 1 (do not forward past the gateway) or because of segmented multi-cast groups.

It also looks like there was a ton of work on the cellular side of these devices… I don’t use mine, but I probably should start…

3 Likes

Very unexpected to arrive today - serendipitous timing for planned testing and reconfiguration.

An afternoon of testing thus far:

(2) Features I have been seeking for BR1 Pro 5G devices - [VLAN as WAN | Custom Band Locking lists]

• VLAN for a second physical WAN connection - YES!! (even though the release notes don’t explicitly state this device).
    • Results in testing this new feature: After 5-7 minutes the Health connection drops and will not re-establish the connection, unless… changing the Health Check Method for that VLAN to PING the connected device directly, NOT using DNS lookup or HTTP.
  • Band Locking lists - for traveling to known destinations, it would be beneficial to create custom, defined band locking lists, rather than go through the process of unchecking bands each time.
    • No custom band locking option…
    • The band option list is now missing for selecting specific bands - the drop down menu is not available (tested 3 browsers: Firefox | Safari | Chrome). When choosing Custom under the Band Selection option, only ‘Clear’ and ‘All’ buttons appear.
  • Interface change for Cellular details - interesting how the interface now mirrors the Balance 20x for cellular details (popout window when clicking on the IP address).
  • Synergy Controller - still exploring what this option offers - as @Erikufrin referenced above.

With the addition of VLAN as WAN for the BR1 Pro 5G, this firmware is very close to providing the true core functionality needed with this device.

Requesting review of the missing band selection option, and consider adding the ability to create custom band locking selections (a feature available with other manufactures firmware).

1 Like

Hello @Lai,
Just found a new bug (has seen this in some pre-releases also).

Go to the status page of the router; Google Chrome detects the language as German and translates it back to English, I have not seen this on any other pages.
image.png

Happy to Help,
Marcus :slight_smile:

Hello @Lai,
We can report a firmware bug affecting the Peplink USB MAX Adaptor 5G; we have detailed this bug within Peplink Ticket #22090757. The bug is the router assigns the wrong/duplicate WAN IP to the USB MAX Adaptor from another WAN connection, preventing the USB MAX Adaptor from correctly passing any traffic.

image.png

We can now see the USB MAX Adaptors getting reported via the router within InControl2. However, it displays the wrong details. The details reported are the incorrect details seen within the router with the wrong/duplicate IP. In this image, the IP address shown should be the CGNATed IP address; it shows the IP address of the other WAN connection on the VDSL. Good start, though it needs some engineering reworking.

image.png

Outside of that, we have pushed the beta to several systems, and so far, everything else is stable & operational.

Happy to Help,

Hello @Lai,
We have noticed another issue on the LAN Port Settings page. The details are truncated with “…” where a port description has been entered, yet there is ample room to display the description.

From InControl2 Via Remote Web Admin on a Balance 20x
image.png

Locally accessed on a Balance ONE
image.png

Out of interest, are the images of the ports meant to be filled green when there is an active connection and filled grey when disabled, like on the Peplink SD-Switch models?

Happy to Help,

1 Like

Hi,

I have tried through ICVA and through manual upload, BR1 Dome 5G pro does not seem to pick the firmware…

PG

EDIT: It worked now

2 Likes

Hello @Lai,
We have found another bug with the SpeedFusion graphs no longer displaying from the local or remote web admin pages; all we get is a blank screen; we have checked on several devices (Balance routers, Pepwave MAX Routers & FusionHubs).

image.png

Clicking on the graph button for the SpeedFusion tunnels is currently broken.

Happy to Help,

I love SIM Card custom selection with priority! Great job!!!

2 Likes

Great Job, Peplink team! :grinning:
Found one issue on Balance Two:
-After installation of the new Beta 1, all content block settings have been deleted, that I had manually configured on the BTwo.
Can you please explain on how to use the new UDP relays functionality using an multicast example? For which scenario is it intended? Thank you!

1 Like

The SpeedFusion graphs appear to work - sort of - on several pieces of hardware I’m using to test. It looks like a blank screen, but if you scroll down the graphs are there, albeit hard to scroll/manage.

1 Like

Just tried on a Balance 30 PRO LTE. When set to use SIM A (with a peplink SIM in it) it came right up. Set for SIM B (with a normal verizon sim) it never even tried to connect. just initializes, resets, initializes, resets. I have a diag file if you want it

1 Like

Some great additions here and new features as well as ease of use improvements too.

I have loaded this onto a BR1 Pro 5G though and noticed that the options for Remote SIM are missing from the Cellular configuration and none of the blue question marks seems too be hiding a button to make them reappear.

Is this intentional, or is this a bug?

Are you planning to change how the SIM injectors can be used and which products support them - especially when the SIM injectors are remote to the units and accessed over the internet / VPN (I know a lot of work is going into FusionSIM at the moment, which is great but it is a little heavyweight for our particular use case).

1 Like

No problem with Edge.

2 Likes

Hello @Lai,
We have found another issue with the 8.3.0 Beat Release affecting the InControl2 iOS App. Virtual WAN Ports and not getting passed along to the App, yet when you use the App to remotely access the device, the Virtual WANs are accessible.

Happy to Help,

@WillJones ,

Would you be able to confirm for the model that you are using for testing ? BR1 Pro 5G doesn’t support RSIM/FSIM feature and it’s expected that the RSIM option is not showing for the device.

1 Like

@jmpfas ,

I have created a ticket for you so that we can follow-up the status here:
https://ticket.peplink.com/ticket-conversation/22110633

1 Like