Firmware 8.3.0 Beta 1

@Lee_Zim

Virtual WAN is supported for BR1 Pro 5G. We will update the released notes to included the device model. Thank you for point this out.

For the WAN health check fail using DNS or HTTP, I have quick check using my device and it’s working as expected. Please check my setup as below:

Dashboard:

WAN health check Settings:
WAN (Native):

Virtual VLAN WAN:

Created a ticket to follow-up with you and check on the issue :
https://ticket.peplink.com/ticket-conversation/22110634

For the “Custom Band Locking lists” , may I know any discussion previously for the request ? If yes, would you please direct me to the discussion ? I would like to get more information for the use case. From my understanding, you just need a lists for the custom bands and you will manually change the list based on the location instead of you need reselect the bands again ?

1 Like

Is any further information available on the “Synergy Controller” and how to configure/test it?

1 Like

@bryn.loftus ,

We are working on the user guide and we will share you when it’s available.

1 Like

When I manually set the Content Blocking options, they are deleted after every reboot again. Are these options maybe reset by Incontrol2? Did not find a way to set them in IC2?

1 Like

@ckirch ,

Do you have ticket opened for this ? I can help to check on that.

1 Like

Thank you. Ticket ID: 22110648

1 Like

@sitloongs Thanks for the follow-up - I have replied to the ticket with more information and details.

2 Likes

@Lai, Found a bug with the cellular modules initializing in a timely manner on the Transit Duo Pro-E.

Normal times with 8.2.1 FW: startup to connecting on cellular is around 3 minutes.

With this firmware: its running about 9-10 minutes for the modules to correctly initialize/reset to start connecting.

Additionally, Cellular module 2 always initializes and connects first. Cellular module 1 follows about 15-30 seconds after that.

1 Like

@Cable17, let us look into it and share our findings shortly. I suppose those are local SIM cards (without roaming), right?

[Update]
I have tested with our unit (done several reboots), and it takes roughly 4 minutes to start up and connected to the cellular services.

1. Device Reboot - 12:15 PM
  2. Device Cellular Connected - 12:19 PM

Maybe you can submit a ticket for the team to take a closer look at your device condition?

1 Like

@sitloongs My mistake! Disregard those posts, I was at the time working with Transit Pros and was confusing myself as to the support for the remote sim features.

2 Likes

@WeiMing,
I just had a little bit to go through and test the equipment again.

The issue is still there, but it only seems to be happening when SIM cards 3 and 4 are entered into Slot B, so the entire device is full. Otherwise the issue does not appear to occur.

Are you able to test your equipment again with a all slots full?

I tried turning on and off roaming option in the Cellular settings, that did not make a difference.

Testing today:

1. Factory rebooted device, let it reboot with all SIM’s => still took 9 minutes

2. Removed 2 SIM’s from Slot B, rebooted device. Connected both cellular modules within 2 minutes of boot.

3. Tried leaving 1 SIM in Slot B of either module. Eventually the one module with 1 SIM would connect within about 4 minutes, but the other module holding 2 SIM’s was stuck on Resetting yet again.

4. Went back to just the 2 SIM’s in Slot A for both modules. Again both cellular connection came up within 2 minutes.

My SIM’s are Module 1 → Slot A - VZW postpaid with roaming, Slot B - ATT prepaid
Module 2 → Slot A - ATT postpaid with roaming, Slot B - T-Mobile postpaid with roaming.

1 Like

@Cable17, tested with 4 SIM cards inserted, it takes about 4 minutes+ to get connected to both cellulars. Also, this has been tested several times as well.

Here is the log from the device, 15:48 > Reboot from Web, 15:52 > both cellular connected.

You may submit a ticket with a diagnostic report for the team to investigate.

1 Like

Hi @Lai,

will HD1 and HD2 Dome also support Virtual WAN on VLAN after upgrading to 8.3?

@jakub.nowicki, HD1 and HD2 Dome are not PrimeCare model. So, they need a Virtual WAN license to activate the feature. Please look for your Peplink account manager if you need the license.

2 Likes