Firmware 7.1 Balance One Client list sorting is broken

Just installed 7.1 on a Balance One Core.

Viewing traffic with “Status:Client list” (Online Clients Only).

Click on the Download or Upload Column header to sort by that type.

The sort does not work, this list changes but does not bring the correct rows to the top of the list.

Can any one else verify this, or am I going crazy?

Cheers

Steve

Can you provide screenshots before and after you did the sorting for Download/Upload?

1 Like

Yes, here is a view without any sort: Just one host with some download traffic.

Here is the output after clicking on download sort.

and clicking again on download sort to change the sort direction. It does change the position, but it is not at the bottom of the list.

Steve

I confirm the sort appears to default to ip address sort order when selecting Download or Upload. Other columns sort as expected. I don’t have anything in Network Name or Signal but they sort on ip address also.

Thanks for confirming voltar.

You are right it is sorting by IP address, I didn’t notice that before.

Cheers

Steve

@Steve_Chandler, thanks for the screenshots. We confirmed this is a bug and we have filed it. We target to fix it in the coming firmware release.

1 Like

Does this affect all models, or just the Balance One Core?

Steve

This is a general UI bug, not specifically for Balance One. We are working on the fix.

1 Like

When will this be fixed?

We target to fix this in the upcoming firmware release. No ETA of the release date at the moment.

Thanks.

1 Like

Me too - glad this has been logged. Use this all the time. Tempted to downgrade until it’s fixed.

Can we please get this fixed? It’s a quality of life issue. It’s now April 5th.

We will fix this in v7.1.1. The beta firmware to be available late of April tentatively. Stay tuned!

2 Likes

Any news on this? It’s really annoying

We are still working v7.1.1 Beta, it is undergoing the QA process. We will announce once v7.1.1 Beta is available.

Thanks.

2 Likes

OK, thanks.

Hi,

Its nearly 4 moths since I submitted this issue, and still no fix.

Can you provide an update please?

Steve

2 Likes

+1.

More generally, PepLink, you need to figure out (and now) a fast hotfix release process. These 4-6-9-12 month release cycles are not appropriate for easy/annoying or critical/security updates – right now, it feels like you’d never be able to handle an emergency release and those of us that paid many many thousands of dollars for your gear in an enterprise setting expect extremely fast turn around on critical issues. I am not saying this is that critical issue, of course, but the general inability to turn fixes out fast doesn’t inspire confidence for the time it will matter.

2 Likes

Very well said LexxOne!

In addition, the “fix” for this simple GUI issue is either wait for a Beta (which I won’t run on production sites) or, back out to the last release.

2 Likes

Very well said guys. There’s no excuse, we did a bad job on this one.

We should have done a patch release or special build on such a small UI fix that would benefit a lot of our customers. It shouldn’t take this long.

Actually we just released the first 7.1.1 beta yesterday to the partner community. Engineering will re-evaluate on the timing now and see what is the best way to providing a production grade firmware with the fix.

We should come back in a day or two. Please accept our apology and please kindly note that this is not a typical response time you will get from Peplink! Thanks.

3 Likes