Firmware 1: [Non-bootable]

I’ve noticed this in ‘System’ and I’m presuming it is preventing me from upgrading to Firmware 8.0.2…

Select the firmware you want to use to start up this device:
Firmware 2: 8.0.1 build 1469 (Running)

Why would Firmware 1 be non-bootable? Is there anything I can do instead of opening a ticket please?

@brill

This is a unknown condition for the boot partition. Please open a support ticket to allow support team to check on this .

Same issue here that you failed to upgrade the firmware ?

1 Like

Yes that’s the same issue. Apologies as things have been extremely busy these last few months. I will try and get a ticket raised ASAP.

I am having the same issue upgrading four of my six devices from 7.1.2 to 8.0.2

I too have the same issue!

@wingerter_1 and @Gsa396. As mentioned by @sitloongs, please open a ticket for us to take a closer look.

Thanks.

1 Like

I am encountering the same issue while trying to upgrade firmware on Surf SOHO mk 3 from 8.0.0 to 8.02.

Firmware will not update with InControl2 or web interface.

When attempting to re-boot, the following options are presented:

Select the firmware you want to use to start up this device:
Firmware 2: 8.0.0 build 1429 (Running)

If you loaded another firmware such as 8.0.0, would that push 8.0.2 back into the Firmware 1 position?

@winchesterv

Found that you have opened a ticket for the issue. Support team will check on that.

1 Like

I am having this problem when attempting firmware upgrades from 8.0.0 to 8.1.0. I attempt the upgrade, and ultimately the SOHO MK3 reboots to 8.0.0 with Firmware 1: [Non-bootable]. Was there ever a solution published for this issue?

My solution was to contact peplink support and open a ticket. They resolved it. I identified a workaround which included backing up my surf SOHO confit, resetting it back to factory defaults, then updating the firmware. I then restored from backup. However the problem occurred the next update.

Ultimately, logging a ticket and having peplink look over my router resolved problem.

1 Like

Thanks for the direction. I opened a ticket. Cheers!

I ended up doing same. Factory restored. Manually applied firmware then imported backup configuration. Now running 8.1 firmware.