Extended LAN Support

Hello Everyone,

I would like to know if Peplink products support flat network deployment between 2 different locations that are on same subnet?

Let’s say, I’m on Site A with IP of 192.168.100.100 and I have a server on Site B with 192.168.100.101. I want to use Internet links and configure SDWAN tunnel between 2 sites but having LAN subnets on the same network.

Please let me know your thoughts. Appreciate it.

Thanks

Hi. It appears that you want to set up a L2 VPN with PepVPN or SpeedFusion. As it happens, there has been a fair amount of discussion here about how to do that. Not difficult. See, for example:
Setting up a Layer 2 PepVPN Profile in Firmware 6.2 Onwards. @MartinLangmaid, in particular, has discussed this a number of times here.

Suggestion: Try the link above and see if it’s any help. If you get stuck let us know! :slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks Rick for your help!!

If both sites are on default vlan1, can we extend that default vlan on both sites? Or do we need to put both networks to a vlan other than that of default vlan to make this work.

Appreciate your help! Thanks!

Hi. I think your answer is here:
https://forum.peplink.com/t/multiple-vlans-across-layer-2-vpn/
Scroll down to the diagram and also note the comment which follows.

Does that not work for you?

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.