Determining the Serial Number, Firmware Version, Hardware Revision, and Modem Support Version of a Peplink Device

Follow the steps to find out the serial number, firmware version and modem support version of your Peplink Balance device:

1. Connect a computer to one of the LAN ports on the Peplink Balance device via an Ethernet cable.
  2. Open a web browser and access your web admin
    Default IP Address of Peplink Balance Web Admin Interface: "http://192.168.1.1".
    Default IP Address of Pepwave MAX Web Admin Interface: "http://192.168.50.1".
  3. Go to Status > Device, the serial number, firmware version and hardware revision number are shown on this page
  4. The firmware version number is also shown on the Dashboard Page

1 Like

I’m looking at buying a used Peplink and want to verify the HW version using the serial number of the router. Is this possible? The router is no longer plugged in to look at the System Information, I just have the model and the serial number.

Same question; I’m looking at buying a used Peplink and want to verify the HW version using the serial number of the router. Is this possible? The router is no longer plugged in to look at the System Information, I just have the model and the serial number.

Log a ticket with engineering and I suspect they will check that for you, although be wary about buying second hand… its always a risk and there are some terrible stories of unscrupulous sellers selling faulty hardware as ‘sold as seen’.

Also the other way to do this is to ask for them to download a config file from the device. The config file shows the HW version in its filename.

1 Like

On our shelves we have a number of devices which are factory sealed by Peplink (taped shut).
I have a Reseller whose Customer needs confirmation that a certain device is a certain Hardware version as throughput is critical for their purchasing decision.
Is there any way to get the Hardware version without cutting the tape and powering up the device?
Perhaps this feature could be added in to the Partner Pavilion Device Management screen?

3 Likes