Connectivity Issues with SSIDs on 2.4GHZ

Model: Pepwave MAX Transit running the latest 8.0.1 code just purchase a month ago.
Issue: I have a couple of SSIDs set up for business and home use. A couple of devices that I have used for a while previous to getting the MAX DUO are having Wifi stability issues. These are using 2.4Mhz connections. Originally they were on an SSID that was 2.4 or 5, but due to the issues I created a new SSID that is 2.4 only. Same issues with this one. If I reboot the MAX DUO or restart the AP in some fashion they will connect without issue. After a period of time, a few hours to a few days, the devices will drop on and off the network until eventually, they stop connecting at all. Any thoughts or other things to try?

Also, in my current location, I have a WAN over 2.4WiFi connection setup and I have noted it drops many times a day. Not sure if this is related as the device drops were an issue before I set up this connection.

@Stooks

Do you have problem for the WIFI 5Ghz connections or the issue specifically on 2.4Ghz WIFI connection only ?

1 Like

I have not noticed issues with 5Ghz. Most of the laptops and phone use it without issue.

Dear @Stooks

more details are necessary for your issue inspection. First, an information about the environment:

• Where MAX Transit is installed? Is it moving?
  • What are WiFi station devices?
  • What are distances from WiFi stations to AP?
  • Are you using WiFi WAN on the same MAX Transit? Where Peplink router connects to?

Second part:

• WiFi radio settings: device UI->AP->Settings, or IC2 UI->Group level->Wi-Fi AP->Group-wide Radios Settings
  • Connected WiFi station list (including signals): device UI->Status->Client List

You may also create a ticket, provide your device serial number and enable remote assistance for a deeper debugging.

Thanks

1 Like

See answers below.

Thanks for info @Stooks

as MAX Transit is stationary, could you share UI->AP->Controller Status->Nearby Device ?

Still, cannot give a conclusion without looking at device logs. Please download Diagnostic Report from
UI->Status page right after WiFi station cannot connect. You can send the file as PM to me via forum or create a ticket.

1 Like