This guide covers configuration an IPsec VPN between Peplink and Juniper SSG firewall. The example assumes the following settings:
IPsec VPN SettingsPeplink WAN IP Address 188.8.131.52 Peplink LAN Network 192.168.2.0/24 Juniper SSG WAN IP Address 184.108.40.206 Juniper SSG LAN Network 192.168.1.0/24 IPsec Phase 1 Authentication SHA-1 ISPEC Phase 1 Encryption AES-128 ISPEC Phase 1 DH Group 2 IPsec Phase 2 Authentication SHA-1 ISPEC Phase 2 Encryption AES-128 ISPEC Phase 2 PFS Group 2
Configure Juniper SSG firewall
Create IPsec VPN ProfileGoto Wizards > Route Based VPN to begin:
- Select local and remote interfaces.
- Bind the tunnel to untrust interface.
- Select LAN to LAN tunnel.
- Select Local Static IP <> Remote Static IP
- Enter remote IP address of Peplink
- Select 128 bit encryption
- Specify the local and remote networks of the IPsec VPN
- Pass all protocols over VPN in both directions
- Set logging options as needed
- Set Schedule to None
- Click Next then Finish to complete VPN configuration.
Configure Peplink device
Create IPsec Profile
- Goto Network > Interfaces > IPsec VPN to create a new IPsec profile. Give the VPN a meaningful Name and enter the Remote Gateway IP , Remote Networks , and Preshared Key of the Juniper SSG. Select the matching Phase 1 and Phase 2 settings for VPN.
- Click Save and the IPsec configuration is now complete.