Cable Modem with MAX Transit Won't Connect

I have a MAX Transit CAT-18 on firmware 8.1.0 build 4943 with SpeedFusion. When I use it with an AT&T SIM everything works flawlessly. I’d like to add an Xfinity cable modem (Motorola Surfboard SB6141) to the WAN port. It just says “Connecting” indefinitely. The modem works fine when I plug it straight into a laptop. What should I check? Thanks!

Uuuugh. Motorola/Arris modems again. :woozy_face: As a starting point you may wish to do a search of the Forum for “6141” and also check out Comcast modem or sb6141 compatible with Pepwave surf? .

@Rick-DC,

:+1: :+1: :+1:

@MnMgo

We do see “Motorola Surfboard SB6141” cases that having difficulties to get connected from time to times. Found that you have opened a ticket on this , we can review and see the latest findings from your device.

1 Like

check your modem GUI and see if the modem is getting the wrong mac address. my new balance 20x was sending LAN host mac addresses to my cable modem during its DHCP request so it would never get a connection to the cable modem because the modem was trying to provision to the wrong mac address.

i made a thread about this and peplink was able to see the issue and reproduce it in their lab…