BR1 Drop-in Mode

Hi,

I see we have a new feature for the BR1. Unfortunately, I can’t find much (any) info about what it actually does, what versions of the BR1 does it work with. How does it work? etc. etc.

Is there a web page that answers the basic questions of the 5 W’s:

Who?
What?
Where?
Why?
When?
and
How?

Is there a link to the manual?

I think I know what it’s supposed to do, but a little technical info from PepWave would be great.

Tom

3 Likes

I agree with Tom, would be great to have some customer oriented (advantages for end user) and technical oriented description about Drop-In mode at Peplink.
Even quite advanced engineers knowing other solutions don’t know what it is.
Jarek

Here are some links to KB articles here on the Forum:

1 Like

I have a BR-1 mini, North American model. I am trying to determine if adding the Drop In mode for Verizon is possible with my router version. I run sims from Verizon and T-Mobile.

The Drop-in mode is referring to the Ethernet WAN connection. If you have a static IP SIM card and want to pass that along you can just use the IP Passthrough feature which is already supported. Thanks

2 Likes

I’ve spent an hour reading the manuals and FAQS.

I still can’t find the specific instructions for ‘drop in mode’ for the BR1.

I have purchased and activated the drop in mode feature and rebooted.

Is the next step to go to “Network” / LAN or WAN and configure?
When I go to these pages, there is no mention of “Drop in”

Is a static IP on the WAN required before “Drop in” will appear?

Will drop in work if there is only a cellular connection?

Please provide answers to these questions and a link to any URL’s that will resolve this.

Thank you in advance.

I spoke with Peplink Tech Support and Tanny confirmed the following:

Network / LAN / Click on the LAN “untagged LAN” (or whatever you named it).

The 3rd category has the “Drop in Mode Enable” option.

FYI - it takes several hours for the peplink online store to email you the unlock code.

Also, no static wan required and drop in mode works with a ‘cellular only’ connection.

The Drop-in Mode feature is for the Ethernet WAN, not cellular. If you are trying to do this on cellular you would just use the IP Passthrough feature instead. Thanks

2 Likes