Balance One loses wifi connection regularly LAN no problem

@Rick-DC, please do me a favor. Please check one of the APs that managed by Balance One at Status > Rogue AP. Are you able to see 2.4GHZ AP there? Ensure the AP is running 3.6.1.

Thanks.

1 Like

Hi. Yes. Good idea to check that. FW on this AP Rugged is 3.6.1. See screen capture below. No 2.4GHz transmitters are seen by the AP but they are seen by various wi-fi client devices. Maybe a config error here?

@Rick-DC, thanks for the screenshot and this is what I expect. We have applied the fixed (show the 2.4GHz nearby/rogue APs) in 3.6.1 but we do agree this needs to be improved.

Let me explain how the fix works. The AP will scan all 2.4GHz channels only when there is no 2.4GHz Wifi client connects to it. I believe you have 2.4GHz clients connect to the AP when you check at Status > Rogue. You may try to disconnect all 2.4GHz clients and wait 3 minutes then check again. The 2.4GHz nearby AP should appear.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused and we will keep improving this.

1 Like

Oh. Hmmm. I know the APs were capable of scanning 2.4GHz with clients connected previously. Indeed, at this location there are always such clients connected and most do not have 5GHz capability (M2M devices). I recall seeing many adjacent systems and we found it useful to see the differences in how the two APs heard them. So, while it is understandable that no clients can be connected for scanning to take place, I’m wondering if there was a regression in the code? I’m curious.

Edit to add: I am looking at the system from which I furnished a screen. The APs report devices are connected using 802.11ng, na and ac. However, nearby 5GHz APs are seen as “Nearby Devices.” However, 2.4 stations are not. So, the AP One’s treat the two bands differently vis-a-vis scanning? [Not trying to make an argument here – I just want to understand what’s going on. :expressionless:]

1 Like

We use a new driver starts from 3.6.0 to fix the Wifi connectivity issue of Apple device. Scanning the nearby 2.4GHz AP is affected due to this changes. Anyway, 5GHz is working fine. We applied the some fixes in 3.6.1 and this makes the AP ables to scan the 2.4GHz nearby AP when there is no 2.4GHz Wifi client connects to it. Our end target is to make the AP to scan all nearby APs (2.4GHz and 5GHz) as pre 3.6.0.

Thank you.

2 Likes

OK. TU TK. Good to know we are not imagining this. :smiley:

Your explanation is very much appreciated.

1 Like