I have a Balance One. This morning a work crew working on the street cut both our WANs. So we are without internet.
Looking for advice how to rig up something temporarily.
- I have a Verizon MiFi 7730L with a data plan
- I have some iPhones with data plans.
- The Balance One is located in an internal server closet, inside a rack which is a pretty good Faraday cage.
- the MiFi 7730 has WiFi, but not ethernet.
- the MiFi doesn’t get great reception in the server closet
- I have a Yagi antenna for the MiFi
- I’m not using the internal WiFi on the Balance One for anythying.
- can I plug in a USB cable from the MiFi to the Balance One?
- can I set up the Balance One to use the MiFI’s WiFI - I think this is called “WiFI as WAN” ? If so, I could put the MiFi upstairs near a window and broadcast WiFi down to the Balance One