Balance 20 Throughput Speed 100 Mpbs or 150 Mpbs

I see documentation showing the Balance 20 with a Throughput Speed of 100 Mpbs and another showing 150 Mpbs. Which is it? Is it based on Firmware or Hardware and how can we easily check? I didn’t see any forum topic discussion on this one. Thanks.

Hi IanHelm:

Thanks for the question. You’re correct that the throughput depends on what hardware revision you have along with being on the latest firmware. Our current Bal 20 supports 150mb of throughput.

1 Like

Thank you for the quick reply.
Here is the info from one of the devices only getting 100 Mbps throughput.
From this info how do I tell if they should be getting 100 or 150 Mbps?

8.0.2 build 3667

Thank you.

Hi IanHelm:

That’s definitely current firmware but we also need to know the hardware revision of your B20. If you go to the Status Tab you should see the revision in the System Info.

1 Like

Hardware version is 6

I’ve been updated by my Tier 2 team that HW7 is the cutoff for 150mb. A rev 6 would be rated for 100mb.

1 Like

Thank you. I will check that. Going through a gigabit rated switch but I will test directly to WAN with my PC

I was updated actually. HW7 is the cutoff for 150mb

1 Like

@Jason:

Does the information you present here conflict with this post by @Alan? What is the Throughput for my Balance Hardware Revision? Which is correct? (In this case, it appears that you were – according to the last documentation published by Peplink I can find – 2017.)

As I look back through the old messages I see several appeals from partners and users for an updated synopsis of throughput for the non-current HW revs. And, I’ve sent DMs to several of the previous authors regarding this – without a response.

Maybe the subject of throughput, and the several older postings entitled "What is the Difference between Hardware Revisions of Peplink … " could be revisited and updated?

1 Like

Thanks for posting this Rick. Looks like my R6 should get 150 Mpbs.

1 Like