AT&T issues with Max Transit Cat 18

@rvdougMM I just tried my AT&T Sim in transit 5g, Still not connecting, keeps resetting. I also have not received an update on my support ticket saying the transit 5G has been certified.

Well of course a couple of days after posting this, I get an error with the MT 5G and AT&T SIM that there is no data plan associated with the SIM card. It connects but no data. I put it back into a MT CAT-18 and it would only connect with 3G. I updated the associated IMEI at https://www.paygonline.com/websc/simupdate.html and it is working ok again with the MT CAT 18. I’ll try it again in the MT 5G and let you know if it works again.
AT&T is not yet certified on MT 5G as far as I know. The last I heard, T-Mobile will be the first certified carrier and that should happen in the next few weeks. The T-Mobile SIM worked right away in the MT 5G and connected without issue to the T-Mobile 5G network.
Also, AT&T have two different SKUs for 5G SIMs. SKU 6533C is the one that worked for me. SKU 6818B (also labelled 5G) did not work on either device.

@rvdougMM FYI, I have a tmobile SIM in the transit 5g, It is already connecting to 5G.

I have a Prepaid T-Mobile 100GB plan that was originally in an Enseego hotspot; now in the Max Transit 5G. I called T-Mobile before I switched it to be sure they were OK with the switch; the rep said they did not need anything on their end unless it would not connect. Well it would not connect so I did a Firmware upgrade (did the wrong one at first but thanks to the Forum got the correct one to install). I a now connected to T-Mobile 5G through the Pepwave on n71.

3 Likes

I tried using the form at https://www.att.com/prepaid/activations/#/activate.html for my Pepwave MAX BR1 MK2 and …

That’s very frustrating. I was looking forward to actually using it with a legitimate plan. I wonder if it would be different if I visit a store.

Good news. I called the local store. They said to come in with a photo of the IMEI so I came in with a screen shot of the admin. I walked out with a SIM, put it in and it’s working very well. :smile:

The guy said that the only reason why the online form would reject the IMEI is if it’s a 3G device which is obviously not true but whatever … I’m happy.

3 Likes

Which plan did you get?

Prepaid 100 GB for $55.

Scroll down to “Power your tablet and hotspot with 5G”