AT! Command for Sierra modem in PepWave Max BR1

Hello,

I am wondering if there is a way by SSH or other wise to issue AT! commands to query the Internal Sierra Wireless modem?

I did not find this option on the router admin pages.

Thanks,

Hi - Welcome to the forum.

No there is not. What info are you after?

1 Like

Hi MartinLangmaid, I was trying to get BAND info and do ATI and other commands that show LTE cell info.

Why are AT commands not passable through SSH or other wise to the pepwave?

Thanks!

Hi MartinLangmaid, I was trying to get BAND info and do ATI and other commands that show LTE cell info.

Why are AT commands not passable through SSH or other wise to the pepwave?

Thanks!

This is a feature that I have asked for before, adding this to the webcli/ssh function would be a useful addition.

SSH as an interface is very restricted - see the guide here https://download.peplink.com/manual/CLI+SSH+Guide.pdf

As to why AT! commands are not available by any other means - most customers simply don’t need them, but as @james.webster1 says adding them to the CLI / SSH should be relatively straight forward. I wonder who else on here wants that ability (and why)?

Make yourselves known people…

I am sure there are many reasons for wanting this functionality.

Simplest explanation being, we purchased/own the hardware, it is not leased hardware.

It would be preferable to have full access to all features and functionality of the hardware we own.

Hello,

I’m not sure this issue has been resolved, but here is another very specific example of why access to the AT Commands would be valuable.

In some testing we are doing it appears that the Telit LE910-NA modem in a particular router is NOT configured to allow use of the SIM Toolkit by applets running on the SIM. We have found that to enable this modem feature the AT+STTA=1 command must be sent to the Telit modem to enable the SIM Toolkit.

Model: Pepwave MAX BR1 Mini Core
Firmware: 8.1.3 build 5077 (latest)

How can I send this command to the Telit modem inside the router to enable this feature of the modem?

Is there any way to perform this?

Also, is there a way to update the firmware on the modem itself within the router? I haven’t yet found where I can query and see the current modem firmware, but there are updates that have been done to these modems to keep them current and up to date with the GSMA standards.

If you click the details button next to the modem, then click the blue question mark next to WAN connection status you’ll see a link in the pop up for detailed engineering data:

Clicking that link will then show the module firmware version.

Thank you!! This is a great step.

I can’t send AT Commands, But I CAN check the modem firmware version.

Now … is there a way to update the modem firmware? :slight_smile:

Engineering can and do update the modem firmware when needed.
Also I thought as the router firmware increments the modem firmware gets updated periodically also but now I’ve typed that out I’m not sure if that’s true or imagined. @TK_Liew would know.

I did just find this link also!

1 Like

Oh yeah! Thanks for the reminder.