Additional and nameable user groups

I’ve had a few customers ask for more user groups plus the ability to name them, is that possible?

Thanks,

2 Likes

Hello,

Is in this regards to Bandwidth Management groups specifically?

1 Like

Yes, absolutely!

2 Likes

Hi Rexy,

The requested feature is in the wishing list and there is no ETA at this time.

Any others looking at this also ? This may help raise the feature request priority.

Thank You

2 Likes

Hi Sit
We are a thumbs up for this one too.
Some times have clients who need around 5 user groups as thats what they are used to operating with on their pervious devices e.g. Krio.
Example of groups could be Owner, Guests, Crew, Business & Admin
Than You

1 Like

Another +1 here.

1 Like

Hi so i really like to edit / add names to user group under QoS - > user groups

In our company we have:
Admin
Client
Guest.

So we will like to name them like that. and maby add ones more groupe with it’s own name.

1 Like

Hi,

I have move you here for another +1 request

Thank you

2 Likes

This would be a valuable feature! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Of course this is a need. 3-tiered QOS is woefully inadequate when Tomato has 10 tiers.

2 Likes

Hell yeah!

2 Likes

The group bandwidth reservation is a very useful feature which we are using in business and marine installs, however the limitation of the 3 groups (manager, staff and guest) is a bit limiting on some installs, we’ve had requests from customers if they could have more groups, would it be possible to increase the number of groups to control bandwidth reservation?

This would also be applicable to the individual bandwidth limit, this only (at the moment) can be applied to “staff” and “guest” again more group options would be very useful in controlling user traffic on certain installs.

2 Likes

It would be also nice to see on the client list in which group they are…

1 Like

Hi Team,
I would second this as well. I’ve had this request more recently as well.

Jon Grote

3 Likes

I take great pleasure in reviving this old thread rather than opening a new one!
Could we please have an update from Peplink about the limit of three fixed user groups?
We are now installing the likes of MBX’s as the core router and been limited to three users groups is causing some issues with clients that need more granular control.
We would expect three user groups on the likes of the BR1 and DUO but once up to the HD2, HD4 and MBX range where a lot more devices are connected, we need more control!
Thank You

5 Likes

Three and a half years later and no progress on this? I now have a few customers switching to Kerio just for the lack of this feature with Peplink. Ignore it at your own peril Peplink…

3 Likes

+1 From me too!
How do we still only have three user groups?
This feature has been requested so many times

Even as far back as 2012

And 2013

1 Like

Sometimes Peplink is pretty tone deaf in terms of what we in the field see as necessary features while they invest tons of time on esoteric things that may not be that useful in day to day applications. Unfortunately, it is their pool and we’re only swimming in it. Don’t like the pool then find another one…

I wish they would just close these threads if they never intend to add the feature instead of saying “The requested feature is in the wishing list and there is no ETA at this time”, I.E. five freaking years ago plus your earlier inquiry!

Let me add a lot of my clients have switched to Kerio for their primary routers because of this so there are other options

1 Like