5 ghz channel stops transmitting

Hi there does anyone have this problem with Pepwave Surf SOHO MK3, firmware 8.0.0 build 1429?

Every now and then, the 5 Ghz channel seems to stop transmitting. I have both 2.4 and 5 running on separate SSIDs and occasionally the 5 Ghz signal is not available. I can see because all my devices are configured to use either of them, with 5 Ghz the default wifi and they all switch to the 2.4.
I login to the admin console and it shows both wifi up but then the 5 Ghz doesn’t show up from available wifi on any of the devices. at the same time, the 2.4 works fine.

So the problem is definitely not with the devices or anything to do with the internet connection; the problem must be with the router.

Re-booting the router, solves the problem however it is annoying.

I normally shut down the router a few times a week.

thanks
John

Please open a support ticket for support team to check. This need to verify the device logs in-order to investigate the problem.

Please make sure you include the date & time when the issue happen and the MAC address for the device that having problem connect to 5ghz for that time. If you obtained diagnostic report from the device when the issue happen, please make sure you include the diagnostic report in the ticket and this will help support team to check on this.

https://ticket.peplink.com/ticket/new/public

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: 2.4ghz broadcasted channel seen but unable to connect