2.4ghz broadcasted channel seen but unable to connect

I have a pepwave sure soho mk3 I’ve been using for about two and a half years, all of the sudden (that I’m aware of at least) my 2.4 ghz ssid channel that’s being broadcasted connects for a few hours then stops connections. I can still see the broadcast but doesn’t allow me to connect to it. My 5ghz remains accessible just fine…

The firmware is 7.1.0 now and seems to be working fine. When I install 8.0.0 that.is.the one that seems to not let me connect after a period of time.

Any ideas?

no one has an idea? now even the 7.1.x firmware is doing the same thing. 2.4ghz channel up for a few hours then just stops. I can see the SSID but can not access it.

@Pfo

This can be related to WI-FI interference for the network. Do you have Wireless scanner running in the network that can help isolate this ?

1 Like

No I don’t, what is a WiFi scanner?

I have a similar problem on 8.0.1, where one of my 2.4ghz SSIDs disappears periodically for some of my devices and it takes a while for the SSID to show up again.

@PepeLeDrew

May i know how you detect 2.4Ghz is disappearing ? You mean some of your device ? That mean not all devices affected ?

1 Like

For example: The laptop will be connected to one of the SSIDs on the SOHO that is set to 2.4Ghz only. The laptop will randomly get disconnected from the SOHO, and when scanning for available Wi-Fi connections, the SSID it had been connected to does not show up. After several re-scans by the laptop, the original SSID shows up again and–usually after a couple attempts to do so–it reconnects to the original SSID. The entire time the laptop has not been moved and is sitting across the room about 16 feet away from the SOHO in direct line of sight.

@PepeLeDrew, can you help to answer the questions below?

Can I confirm the problem only happens to this laptop?

1 Like

No, it also happens on one (but not both) of my two D-Link IP cameras (both of which only connect over 2.4Ghz).

Below is the info on hand:

• Not all wireless clients get disconnected from the WiFi connection. It happens to certain clients only.
  • The 2.4GHz SSID can’t be detected by the affected client after they are disconnected.
  • The 2.4GHz SSID will be appeared after some times.

The reported problem seems like relate to the WiFi connnection between the affected clients and MK3. If it is MK3 WiFi issue, it should affect all wireless clients at the same time. Can you provide the signal strength (e.g. -70dBm) of the problem wireless clients?

1 Like

I updated the firmware to 8.0.2 and rebooted, and now all of my 2.4Ghz clients have maintained strong connections for the past few days. I don’t know whether it was a problem with the firmware or just rebooting, but everything seems to be working fine now.

1 Like