4G Bonding for Video Streaming?

Hi Guys,

Been looking at the MAX 700 to bond 5 or more 4G MiFi dongles to stream live video of events in field, however from my understanding is that there also needs to be a ‘PepLink Load Balancing’ router back at a office/datacenter etc with a hard wired data line to transfer the final upload, correct me if I’m wrong ?

Now my concerns are, do I need to have an extra person placed where the ‘Load Balancing’ router is located to configure and monitor the router every time I have an event, or can the router be pre configured so that it does this automatically ?

Also is the Max700 compatible with a Huawei E303 USB Modem or the Huawei E586 MiFi Dongle ?

The uplink the speeds I’m trying to achieve is minimum 5mbps.

Thanks in advance.

You are correct that you need a Peplink router at the office/datacenter to terminate the SpeedFusion bonded VPN. Once it is configured and operational, there is no need to have a person physically present, it will be automatic.

If your modems are not currently supported then we can have you plug them in and turn on remote assistance so the developers can take a look at creating a driver for it.

Thanks for information.

Another question, does the data line I have back at the office have to be 1 line ? Or can I have two incoming lines into the ‘balance router’ for more speed ?

Also I’ve noticed that the ‘Max 700’ only allows me to go up to 4 USB dongles however I may require up to 6 or 7, is there a configuration where by I can use 2 ‘Max On the Go’ routers to send data to one ‘balance router’ back at the office ?

Thanks again.

Yes, you can have 2 or more lines at the office. Currently we only support a maximum of 4 USB dongles but you could use Wi-Fi as a WAN to get a fifth connection.

Let me push this discussion a little further.
We had purchased a MAXOTG for the same purpose, what would be the minimum hq router setup to work with?
Based on the comparison chart it would be the 20 or 210 serie? … or can we purchase another MAXOTG for the end VPN link?

Best regards.

The MAX OTG is designed to be the end point device so you would want to get a Balance 210 or higher for the HQ location.

Thanks Tim, again.
Best Regards.

I am using a MAX On The Go Router at both ends for Video streaming with speed fusion.

What are the settings I need to make to ensure good video quality at my receive end

I am assuming you are using the MAX OTG with SpeedFusion SKU, to bond multiple 4G links into SpeedFusion tunnel.

You may want to fine-tune the QoS settings to assign the video traffic with higher priority. You can refer to the MAX user manual v6.0 for the QoS settings (section 15.3), and you can download the user manual from http://www.peplink.com/support/downloads/max-firmware-and-user-manual/.

Hope this helps.

Hi

Did you get solved the issue with the MAXT OTG and speedfusion on both sides?

Please share

Thanks

Hello,

Yes you can connect two MOTG’s via SpeedFusion.

permission to post here… i’m new member i can’t start a new post…

I’m also in livestreaming work… We are using wirecast videodecoder (RTMP) and send it to our paid Viastreaming.net flash server… we change location everyday…we are having problems regarding our upload speed… We Need to send the video feed DIRECTLY to Viastreaming.net … NOT to our office… do you have a product that will solve our problem?

Hi,

1. RTMP connect to router via Wifi?

2. What is the upload speed you are looking for?

good day,

1. connecting to a device(router) to Combine WIMAX, DSL and 3G/4g. What device will you recommend??
 2. atleast 4mbps upload speed. . sometimes 3G Upload speed here is only 0.50mbps..

Hi,

I mean the connection between RTMP and router is using Wifi (wireless connection)? If using Wifi I do recommend Max On-The-Go. Please find here for more details of our Max product range.

hello,

Wirecast encoder(laptop) to the router- brodband bonding (can be LAN or Wifi)…

Hi,

Thanks for your confirmation. Max-On-The-Go will suitable for you.

Did you eventually get this setup and it is working for you? Have you experienced increased speed using your bonded 4G devices?

Hi,

We definitely can bond multiple WAN links and increase the bandwidth. However cellular connection is not consistent. Bandwidth and latency are vary from time to time. We strongly recommend to do site survey before the deployment. This will help to reduce the unnecessary problem.

Hi TK.

The theory of this technology and the real life usage experience are two different things. What I am trying to get is feedback from users of your device and if in general people have successfully been able to achieve what the MAX OTG U4 is advertised to do. i.e. mobile deployment bonding 4G devices. So far I have not seen anyone reporting success with it for multiple 4G bonding and increased bandwidth.

I am ultimately interested in getting some of these for live streaming. I have had one for a couple weeks and you started to address the ticket (# 747034 ), the US team took over and now it’s back in your office for engineering to look at. However, I have not heard from engineering and no progress was made with your suggestions nor the US team.

If this device works it will be amazing at your price point and thus I have invested time and resources into its testing. Unfortunately from all my tests and you will see from the ticket I have been extremely thorough and extensive, I have concluded it does not increase overall bandwidth beyond that of using one 4G device instead of bonding multiple.

I am hoping that it is an issue with: firmware; USB dongle drivers; advanced configuration; Amazon FusionHub bugs; etc … things that engineering need to address. I can’t wait indefinitely for engineering, the time I will wait will be influenced by users reports on their experience with it.