4G Bonding for Video Streaming?

@streamevents, as I responded on your ticket, our engineering team is working on your case. Probably, we can give you response tomorrow.

@streamevents Did you ever get this working??? I have been dealing with these same issues with poor connection speed with speed fusion for a year now.

@bamchase. Over the past few days I have installed and tested the beta 3 firmware 6.2, this has some added features in an attempt to address the peculiar environment cellular and other fluctuating connections present. i have also tested at different locations with very strong and others with weak signals for the both providers I am using I have seen only a marginal improvement.

Honestly I think the Peplink team needs to provide profiles for the type of application. In our use, live streaming over cellular we should be able to select that and all these technical settings for latency, cut off, direction up/down, encryption or not, etc are set. If we want to then adjust we can. It is evident that the SpeedFusion is not matured enough in the cellular and live streaming space.

I have reluctantly had to get into the technical workings of SpeedFusion but as an end user should not have to. I now believe that the technology is inherently flawed. Bonding is done by gathering a block of data at the source point (like your MAX device), spreading it across the WANs, catching each part at the datacentre and reassembling. If one of these WANs has a delay then the entire process is slowed down … throughout is as fast as the slowest link … i am sure there’s a solution as many vendors do cellular bonding for streaming, but Peplink is still figuring it out.

@Peplink Team A point that may be help to the Peplink team is that without the MAX, with just one device used for streaming I’ll get full throughout for a period of time, this varies from 5 to 30 minutes or more, sometimes it holds for hours. Then there’ll be a drop, but all good streaming devices or software have buffers and bit rate auto adjustments to cater for this (also do the media servers and video players). Over a period of about one to two minutes the bit rate will slowly climb back up. I think at the datacentre side there should be some buffering, with configuration changes by application type (like in my case for streaming over cellular). So before the data is sent out into the internet, this buffer can adjust for reassembly delays and I can set it for 1 to 10 seconds or whatever.

Exactly…Others are doing it for much more money and from what I was told their system was suppose to be able to handle it but I have yet to get it working properly. I am going to be out of warranty in January and have probably used my system for a dozen times maybe and usually switch over to my trusty verizon hotspot directly since I can’t rely on this units connections. To say the least I have considered selling the unit or using it for something else but for the cost I paid it’s hard to swallow. One thing that I haven’t done is purchased the FusionHUB license due to this problem in my trial period and the unknown of keeping it…no point in wasting money. I dropped my ATT access so I’m down to VZW only so can’t really do much testing anymore unless they finally fixed the Wifi WAN issue and I can connect it to my ATT hotspot for testing PepVPN again. I will let you know my finding on my end from your suggestions I have read.