150KM range at sea

Hello team, in the new Peplink website it mentions LTE connectivity range at a staggering 150KM out at sea for the MBX

I have seen competitors state a range of 85KM and 90KM for LTE connectivity. This is great news and I understand various factors such as antenna, cable, weather etc that can affect the range but can this be backed up as a case study so I can quote that range to any potential customer?
Thanks

1 Like

Hi @DominicS
This is an error and should be 85-90Km.
Iā€™m looking into where this number came from but think it could be to do with converting between Miles and Km getting confused

2 Likes

We have removed the reference to 150km offshore as it was an error.
Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

1 Like

@Sam_Norris youā€™re welcome. It would be good to get a confirmed distance so that any competitor doesnā€™t capitalise on the range that their equipment is better.

1 Like

Distance is a hard one as there are many factors that can affect the end result; location, antennas, coaxial cables, SIM cards/carrier etc.
I personally have seen MBXā€™s connected at 90km offshore of Greece, Italy and Norway.

1 Like

You left out the most important factor and that is the height of antennas on each end. Checkout this post I did and keep in mind the cell tower was at 2,000 ft and above our height:

1 Like

I agree that cell tower and routerā€™s antennas height above sea level do have a massive impact but I consider it to fall under the location category

1 Like

OK, so what is the range with both the cell tower and device at ā€œsea levelā€?

1 Like