WIFI WAN (WIFI AS WAN)

Hello Sirs,
Thanks a bunch for the great work you are doing.

Please I would like to know how many Wifi Wan or Wifi as Wan can be configured on a Pepwave UBR router. This router comes with one single WAN interface but I have other routers that I may use to connect through Wifi Wan

Thanks. Sirs

I’m not sure what you mean by your last sentence. But if I tell you you connect a single wi-fi-as-WAN at a given moment in time but can have multiple of such profiles – does that answer your question?

1 Like

Do you mean on different band 2.4 v 5 ghz? Some Peplinks allow one WiFi WAN each band.

Hello Team,
Thanks for the responses provided.

I want to connect two carriers Vodafone and MTN routers through wifi WAN to the Pepwave UBR.

Can I do both on same Band?
Thanks

Iam lost with your last sentence “Multiple of such profiles”

This is what I want to achieve:
MTN ROUTER----------WIFI WAN--------------PEPWAVE UBR
same pepwave
VODAFONE ROUTER----WIFI WAN--------------PEPWAVE UBR

I mean to say only one wi-fi-as-WAN connection is possible at one time. However, you may establish more than one profile. The latter feature is useful if, for example, you move your UBR from place to palce and wish to “attach” it to different SSIDs. Try it! :<)

That means I cannot have two wifi-as-wan at one time ,even if they are on different bands 2.4 and 5 ghz??

Thanks

Not so far as I am aware, although I’d be pleased to be corrected on this. I can say that if it were possible I don’t think we’d do it.

For the UBR the datasheet shows:
Wi-Fi Standard 2.4GHz: 802.11b/g/n OR 5GHz: 802.11a/n
Which translates to only one of radio on at a time.

Where as on the transit Pro shows:
Simultaneous Dual-Band (2.4GHz / 5GHz) Wi-Fi 6 2x2 MIMO Wi-Fi WAN and/or AP
It supports two wifi-as-wan connections.

2 Likes

@DannyK: Well, there you go. I answered from experience. And, @Jonathan_Pitts referenced the data sheet. We come to the same conclusion but he wins because he provided an authoritative answer. ;<) ;<)

I tested in person as well, but I was curious what the datasheet said, so dug them up.
It would have been nice for UBR to support dual, but I am sure it was left off to keep the cost down.

Thanks so much guys for the candid answers and supports provided.
I will do just one as enshrined in the datasheet.
My case is closed with respect to the community.
Regards
Danny

1 Like