WiFi/client isolation

I have recently configured a Pepwave Surf SOHO MK3 device that is running firmware version 8.0.0 build 1429.

I have setup 2 VLANs. The first is for “trusted devices” (VLAN 10) and the second is for “untrusted devices” (VLAN 20). I have unchecked the option for inter-VLAN communication as I don’t wish to allow devices on either network to communicate.

Devices on the same VLAN are able to communicate with each other. For example, devices (both wired and wireless) on VLAN 10 are able to communicate with one another.

It appears that the Pepwave Surf SOHO MK3 does not support client and/or WiFi isolation.

How do I achieve this and enable exceptions e.g. allow some devices to communicate?

It does indeed support the isolating of clients within a VLAN from each other. See this writeup

1 Like

Thanks Michael. It appears that the isolation is limited to the SSIDs and not the devices connected to the ethernet port that is associated with the same VLAN as the SSID.

Really? How interesting. Seems I need to update my web page.

I have not created a VLAN that spans an SSID and a LAN port. Where did you read this? Thanks.

Thanks Michael. I came across it on a post in the forum

You’ll notice that I have posted a follow-up question.

1 Like