WI-Fi WAN Stuck on 'scanning'

When trying to us WI-FI WAN on my MAX-HD2 it get stuck on ‘scanning’ and never stops. Selecting different wi fi hotspots does nothing. Any ideas?

What does the event log say? Anything?

1 Like

No, because it does not trigger an event to log such as a connect or disconnect. Clicking on Connect to one of the WiFi spots and it doesn’t change anything, just keeps ‘scanning.’ Moving it from different priority levels doesn’t help either, nor does a reboot.

OK, I assume i has worked before? WIfi antennas connected properly? (its the two on the front right for WiFI WAN on a HD2 I think). What about country settings for the wifi? They set to the right region?

Suggest the next step is to grab a diagnostic and log a ticket for engineering to work out what happening.

1 Like

I had the same problem with my SURF MK3. It turned out that it was due to my cellphone.

My cellphone’s hotspot would go to sleep after 2 minutes of inactivity. So I would turn it on and by the time I had my SURF’s Wi-Fi WAN 2.4Ghz to 2.4Ghz cellphone hotspot configured and attempting to connect, the phone hotspot was sleeping.

In hindsight one last suggestion would be to disconnect 2.4Ghz clients from the router to minimize CPU/radio workload during initial configuration / Wi-Fi WAN connection attempt. After that works then try putting (isolating) the Wi-Fi WAN on 2.4Ghz and the clients on 5Ghz (or vice versa) to free up bandwidth/ improve performance.

1 Like