Why use Peplink SpeedFusion instead of IPsec VPN?

Designed for Multi-WAN

Peplink SpeedFusion establishes concurrent VPN tunnels on each WAN connection. By utilizing multiple Internet links, Peplink SpeedFusion gives you a bonded bandwidth and instant failover. IPsec VPN technology can only establish a single tunnel to each terminal and limits its usage.

Bonded Bandwidth

With multiple concurrent VPN tunnels established, VPN traffic is distributed and bonded at each VPN terminal. The bonded VPN uses all your Internet links, maximizing the bandwidth available to you.

Resilience to Internet Connection Outage

The concurrent VPN tunnels will also back each other up when a WAN disconnection occurs. By routing traffic to healthy tunnels, VPN sessions are maintained with zero downtime. IPsec VPN requires significant time to detect a disconnection and re-establish the connection. Failover of IPsec can take as much as 5 minutes.

Built-in Dynamic Routing

Peplink SpeedFusion gives you the flexibility to route either all traffic or only private network traffic to the remote terminal. You can easily set up a star topology VPN network and pass all traffic through central site appliances, such as a firewall. You can also set up a mesh network with only private network traffic passing through the VPN.

1 Like

Hi Team,

Can you please explain to me how is the WAN Bonding done in Peplink? Are you aggregating the bandwidth of the multiple WAN links from different ISPs and making it pass through a single pipe to deliver combined bandwidth? Or is it another way of Loadbalancing by splitting the packets through different ISP lines?

Kindly advise me with your answers and correct me if i am wrong?

Please check the URLsfor the explanation:

Internet Link Load Balancing VS Speedfusion Bonding:
http://www.peplink.com/knowledgebase/combining-the-bandwidth-of-all-wan-links-3m-3m-6m/

SpeedFusion Technology:

2 Likes