There are so many models of PepWave routers, I’m having a hard time deciding. Looking for advice based on the following specifications:
- Primary goal is getting signal in backcountry campgrounds in the western states of the USA (California/Oregon/Nevada/Arizona).
- Bandwidth/Speed is not a major concern (don’t need 5G, so 4G LTE is probably fine)
- Verizon and ATT compatability, as my experiences have been that TMobile and Sprint don’t have covereage where I want to go.
- Use is mostly checking email, so don’t need hot failover or SpeedFusion.
- A wide range of channels, especially 600-700MHz ones that tend to have better range
- External antenna connections, for a directional antenna
- WiFi: 5GHz would be nice, but not required, as I usually camp in places with no 2.4GHz interference
- Low power usage/small size: this is for a Class B RV with limited space and solar power budget
Based on this, I think I want one of the Max Single Cellular routers - the one with the widest variety / most modern selection of 4G LTE channels. Which one would it be?