Which Peplink for 2 Starlink and 2 LTE connections?

Hello,

Anyone have any thoughts on the product with adequate throughput to bond the 4 connections below:

1. Bond 2 Starlink connections which sometimes max out at 200 Mbps each (average 100)
  2. Bond LTE ATT (max 60Mbps) and Verizon (max 100Mbps) connections. I do not need LTE modems, already have LTE routers with ethernet out.

As I understand it, I will be given a single lisc for FusionHub Solo that I can run at a location I have Gigabit fiber at on a server I have.

The goal:

1. I want to have enough bandwidth to read Radiology exams remotely with redundant connectivity. Depending on the system I am reading off of, I will use 20-40GB of data a day.
    a) One system uses Cisco Anyconnect to access some services

2. I want a single public facing IP (Starlink uses CGNAT, which isn’t great) for a variety of reasons. Fortunately, I can place the server at a site where our primary home is that has a static IP4 address for the FusionHub Solo

I look at the Peplink line, and the Speedfusion 580 has enough WAN ports but it seems a bit surprising to me that it’ VPN throughput is only 200Mbps for FusionHub. Keep in mind…this will be a single client scenario…will it really be that low for that expensive of a router?

Thanks!

I would recommend the B310X if you really need to bond all the bandwidth (2.5Gbps total throughput, 600Mbps of SpeedFusion).

If you don’t and can cope with 100Mbps of reliable bonded bandwidth the Balance 20X with a USB ethernet dongle to give you a 2nd WAN port for your LTE router is the entry level for this I think (900Mbps throughput, 100Mbps SpeedFusion). (it does have an inbuilt CAT4 LTE modem though so you might not need the USB ethernet adapter).

2 Likes

Thank you for the reply!

For the 310X: It has two WAN Ethernet ports? Can I plug in two more WAN’s into the USB ports for additional WAN bonding ?

Yes and Yes you can.

1 Like

Something to consider is whether the starlink limitation is on the back-end or on the connection from your local antenna to the satellite. Similar true for cellular or even cable internet connections - you might get double connections but bottle neck is on the back haul so there is really no point to get two as they will fight for bandwidth.