Which one do you recommend

Hi

For a 3 level house of approx 2,500 sqft with plaster walls, which one would you recommend for best signal and fast speeds:

2 x AP One AC mini
2 x AP One

Which other AP One are you looking at?
These are the AP One option
AP One AC Mini
AP One 300M
AP One In-Wall

Speed
All are 300Mbps at 2.4GHz and 5GHz excpet the AP One AC Mini which is rated at 866Mbps in the 5GHz frequency

Coverage (With line of sight in open environments)
AP One AC Mini 400ft/122m
AP One 300M 750ft/228m
AP One In-Wall 400ft/122m

The best one for you would be the AP One 300M

Hope this helps

Wouldn’t the mini one provide better speeds? Most devices connected will be Apple.

The AP One AC Mini will only provide better speeds then the others on 5GHz. At 2.4GHz its the same as the other models

I currently have an AP One AC Mini in my 2000 sqft 3 level split - it works excellent. I placed it in the attic above the 2nd level. I have solid coverage everywhere in my home. A few notes on the differences between the AP One AC Mini and AP One 300m:

• AP One AC Mini is dual band concurrent, so 2.4 and 5GHz simultaneous, AP One 300M is dual band, but only one at a time
  • gno is correct, AC mini is only faster on 5GHz, but this is way faster
    • I achieve over 500Mb/sec real TCP throughput from my macbook air
    • Apple has included 5GHz on almost all devices for several years, and AC on most in the last 1-2 years
    • The band steering feature on the AC mini will make 5GHz capable clients prefer to be on that band when close enough, this has worked great in my use

If you really wanted to max out throughput in your home, using two AC mini’s on opposing sides of the house would really work nice, but you may be just fine with one located centrally. My home is pretty standard US construction (2x4 frame with 3/8" sheetrock), plaster and other materials will certainly reduce your range/throughput.

Thank you Travis and Gno, that helps a lot.