Where to buy a Pepwave Surf MK3 for European power sockets?

Does anynone know where consumers can buy a Pepware Surf router that can be used with the kind of power sockets we have in Europe? (That is: 230V, 50Hz, C or F plug and CE-certified)

There are plenty of resellers who sell to other businesses, but not to consumers. Amazon UK has some, but in the UK they use these weird plugs with three pins (G plugs) that the rest of Europe don’t.

You can order the Pepwave Surf SOHO (MK3) here:
https://www.wirelessconnect.nl/en/pepwave-surf-soho-wifi-router.html

Hello @iStone,
The correct place to acquire your parts from is an Authorised Peplink Partner/Reseller, the only place to verify these is the Peplink website
https://www.peplink.com/peplink-certified-partners/#EU
Be warry of acquiring though anyone else as they may not be able to fully support or honour warranties.
Happy to Help,
Marcus :slight_smile:

1 Like

@mldowling
Thanks, I looked through the list for Europe but they don’t sell to consumers, only to other businesses. The only exception I found was an Irish company, but the Irish and UK use different power plugs than the rest of Europe.

Yes. That’s an interesting point you raise. Peplink’s web site, so far as I know, only lists distributors. It points to the “big guys” only. I am a CPE and our firm buys from a US distributor but is listed nowhere. I suspect that’s why so many folks we run into buy from Amazon, etc.

This strategy, coupled with a huge differential in pricing (smaller organizations, like ours, pay greatly more for the same product than do larger resellers) makes it a less than good business decision to actively promote Peplink and likely accounts for Peplink’s less than stellar market penetration – particularly considering the excellent quality and relative price of the products. Distributors are protected and they, in turn, protect their largest dealers.

OK, now to a different solution … Do you have any good quality “wall warts” laying around? If we were confronted with having a power supply problem such as you describe we’d just toss the OEM power adapter in a box and replace it with another one. Maybe not the “best” solution in some respects but it’d work fine. The SOHO does not care whose power supply feeds it. Indeed, we have a couple of Peplink routers out there running from well regulated, 20-50A, linear power supplies that also power radio communications equipment. I don’t have a SOHO close-at-hand, but I think a 12VDC, 2A, PS would be sufficient. You’ll want to double-check that. I’ll also point out that I’d want it to be well regulated and low ripple.

Hi @iStone
We are probably the Irish company you are talking about!
We stock both EU and UK power supplies so please reach out to us and we will help you out!
If you already have a Peplink device that was shipped with a UK plug, we can organise a swap of just the socket for you.
Thanks

1 Like

@Rick-DC
Wall Warts - a phase I had never come across until the weekend just gone while doing an install on an American built yacht!

1 Like

@SamuelNorris Yes you are indeed that Irish company! That’s nice to know, I couldn’t find any info on shipping and shipping costs on your website though, that would be handy to know, I’ll likely send you guys an e-mail later to inquire about that

I have just replied to your email.
Our website is getting a massive upgrade at the moment so will be much better in the future.
Thank You

1 Like