What speed might you expect with SpeedFusion over dissimilar WAN link types?

One more question regarding using speedfusion to combine bandwidth of dissimilar wan connections to a fusionhub on a 1gbps port

What download and upload speed might one expect if using SpeedFusion to bond the following two connections:
1.) DSL 10 mbps download, 1 mbps upload
2.) LTE 5 mbps download, 5 mbps upload

Hi. Lots of such great questions can be answered by a search of the Forum. Is this document helpful? https://forum.peplink.com/t/whitepaper-speedfusion-and-best-practices/21173
(Your answer is contained part way through.)

1 Like

Thanks Rick-DC. However when I click the link in your post above, it says “Sorry, you don’t have access to that topic!”

Found this based on searching the title above.

If the whitepaper link above is a different document, please let me know as I’d like to read all I can on it.

Referring to that document, my links are within 150 ms of eachother latency, and the slowest link is at least 15% of the fastest link, so hopefully:
10+5=15 -19% overhead = 12.15 mbps download speed over the speedfusion tunnel
5+1=6 - 19% overhead = 4.86 mbps upload speed over the speedfusion tunnel

Howdy. Very sorry about that! My error. There are several documents that pretty much say the same thing. The one you found is dated 2013; the one I tried to reference is 2019. However, I read the one you found and it says essentially the very same thing.

1 Like

The one @aquablue has linked to is the one I wrote originally. Here is the link to the new one.

2 Likes