What OS does the max router use

Hi,

Might seem like a stupid question, but anyways.
What OS does the max routers run?

AL

Its Linux.

1 Like

Sorry for bumping an old thread, however it is the first result that came up while researching my device after doing nmap scan. ( and this thread has received 160 views from people, probably similarly looking for a detailed answer. Im sure over half of the 160 viewers had already know linux is default Router OS on most routers )

Can someone point me to a source of information for expected results from a typical:

MAX BRE Model
Pepwave MAX BR1
Product Code
MAX-BR1-LTE-US
Hardware Revision

In particular I am verifying (since the product was obtained second hand) the default information displayed.

@MartinLangmaid

For firmware 8.0.0 - Which version of linux would be running?

OS CPE: cpe:/o:linux:linux_kernel:..**

OS details: ********** (Linux ..**)

Are these normal port results?
53/udp open domain (unknown banner: Version: recursive-main/22386077)
8008/tcp open http nginx

And who is the certificate authority of the default installed SSL certificate? Is it Comodo? and Previously before I upgraded to firmware 8.0.0 from 6.4.2 it was a GoDaddy certificate.
I believe I have captive portal off but this may just be showing the certificate installed even if its off:

ssl-cert: Subject: commonName=captive-portal.peplink.com

| Subject Alternative Name: DNS:captive-portal.peplink.com, DNS:www.captive-portal.peplink.com

| Issuer: commonName=COMODO RSA Domain Validation Secure Server CA/organizationName=COMODO CA Limited/stateOrProvinceName=Greater Manchester/countryName=GB

| Public Key type: rsa

| Public Key bits: 2048

| Signature Algorithm: sha256WithRSAEncryption

| Not valid before: 2014-11-18T00:00:00

| Not valid after: 2019-11-17T23:59:59

| MD5: 8 groups of 4 symbols