What is this “Warning: Cancer and Reproductive Harm” sticker on Peplink packaging?

p-65.png

This warning label is known as Proposition 65. It is an act created in reaction to the discovery of dangerous pollutants contaminating California’s water supply.

In response, a Californian law requires businesses to provide warnings on their products of exposure to chemicals as well as, prohibiting Californians from knowingly discharging significant amounts of chemicals into sources of drinking water.

I’m not located in California, so why can I still see it on my device packaging?

Because our products are shipped globally, many of our products will have this warning label on the package by default regardless of whether you reside within or outside the state of California.

The warning sticker makes me feel very uneasy and fearful of using my device!

We understand that at first sight the sticker can be daunting and spark fear. But in reality, the label does not state how much of the chemical is present or how much exposure would result in sickness. You could see the exact same label on something as simple and natural as Aloe Vera, as the chemicals listed in P65 contain a wide range of naturally occurring and synthetic chemicals that include additives or ingredients in pesticides, common household products, food, drugs, dyes, and solvents.

In the view of many, companies that are willing to comply with the law by warning buyers are most probably producing much safer products and goods than ones that conceal information like this.

You can learn more about Proposition 65 Here.

1 Like