What has happened to Peplink Support lately?

I created a support ticket regarding an issue I have with my SDX and they have transferred me to some third party support for my region, and all I am getting from them are generic responses with no help what so ever, then when I requested them to elevate the ticket to a peplink engineer they asked me to e-mail them directly so they can remote access and further help with support.

Once I e-mailed them I get asked for billing information, I asked why and they said that they charge for step by step configuration which I don’t need as my issue is clear, the same configuration on my now dead 380 performs worse on the SDX, I did not ask for installation help nor do I need a step by step hand holding remote session to setup my device. I have owned a peplink device for over 15 years and this is not the support I am use to getting from peplink and definitely not a good image for them going forward.

1 Like

That does not sound right (as you know.)

The first step is to contact the authorized Peplink Partner from whom you acquired the equipment. Peplink Partners have an obligation (it’s not “optional”) to provide first level support. I’d so that before submitting the ticket anywhere else. If that is not successful you should be given assistance with the next step.

If you have a ticket in with Peplink (not a third party) I’d suggest posting that number here.

• Rick
1 Like

Hi Rick thanks for responding. I have contacted my authorized partner regarding the issue and they have been kind enough to order me another peplink device to ensure the issue is not specific to my SDX as they were unable to come up with a solution, so until the device arrives I went ahead and created a support ticket with peplink directly. This is the ticket number 24040995.

If anyone has access to the ticket you can clearly see I am asking questions and getting unrelated answers pushing things like speed fusion as a solution when I clearly state the same configuration was functional and performing better on my Balance 380 than on my SDX.

1 Like

@BAJSKW ,

Peplink support will take a look for the ticket 24040995. We will get back to you

2 Likes

Thank you very much I greatly appreciate it.