What are the differences between hw2 and hw3 of the Balance 580?

I could not find any release notes on the hardware update.

(Which is generally the case - it seems well-nigh impossible to trace the hardware histories, aside from incomplete fragments found in some postings.)

1 Like

Hi @zegor_mjol,

Here are a couple of links which may help, with your specific query though, there are no differences between Hardware version 2 and 3 for the Balance 580. It is quite likely that one or 2 components inside may be different, but the technical specifications of both versions are exactly the same.

List of models, hardware versions and their release dates > Here <
Differences between the Balance 580 Hardware versions > Here <

I hope this helps,

Steve

4 Likes

Thanks. The postings are helpful in determining the differences in the look of the models. However, they do not provide information about the differences in technical specifications.

1 Like

Do you have any particular information that you are looking for about the differences? As @Steve.Taylor stated:

2 Likes

Steve Taylor’s answer was what I was looking for w.r.t. the 580.

I expanded (without warning :slight_smile: ) the question to the more general one of keeping track of hardware differences as the model lines evolve. My apologies for the lack of clarity.

1 Like

Hello zegor_mjol,

That is okay. I just wanted to make sure that something wasn’t missing. :slight_smile:

3 Likes